Wireguard on IPVanish?

I’ve been using wireguard on IPVanish on my Windows 10 PC for several moths. Today, I get an error saying the server (any of them) is not compatible the wireguard protocol(?)

Anybody else having this issue?

3 Likes

Happened to me all the time. Update or uninstall and reinstall. It’s apparently a glitch and will not go back to normal if you just leave it.

2 Likes

Happens to me as well. I have never had to uninstall yet, though. Just shut it off and back on.

3 Likes

I just had to dump & reload my SurfShark after an upgrade got things all squirrelly. Seem to be a lot of updates going south these days…good help gettin’ hard to find or what :thinking:

Same thing goes for ExpressVPN. I’ve been working with their tech team to try and figure out why, even though I’m connected to the internet and Express is active, absolutely no data up or down gets through. I have to shut off express then turn it back on a few seconds later to get a working connection. This to was after their latest update.

2 Likes

I guess we’re into “misery loves company” mode…oh well, even with all the hiccups we endure, it still beats cable or satellite.

1 Like

I have more problems using the Wireguard protocol than others while using it. Seems to pulse occ.
I generally use IKEv2 or TCP.

Ah, OK. So it’s not just me(!)

The mass amount of updates is do to ever changing tech, and not everything responds to certian protocols. So to fix these glitches they push updates.

If you are on your pc with id imagine a hardwired connection you probably dont need wireguard. Unless you see drastics speed changes. Desktops handle vpns alot better, especially windows.

Using Amaliti on all my separate devices long time IPVanish subscriber as of right now:
Pro-Mac Desktop on Ethernet - IKEv2 Dallas Down 610 up 545
NVidia Pro on Ethernet - IKEv2 Dallas Down 391 up 138
Sony Bravia Google O/S on WiFi - Wireguard Dallas Down 132 up 252
Firestick 4K on Wifi - IKEv2 Dallas Down 141 up 63
Now 1 real trick to using IPVanish is to utilize the Tunnel feature & put a checkbox beside all system & all legal apps like TUBI.

1 Like

Well you certainly don’t have any speed concerns. I’m jealous.

3 Likes

Well, believe it or not, Wireguard is working fine now. I guess it was something internal to the IPvanish servers(?!)

Thanks for posting I thought it was just me. So I have both Nord and IPV so I have ignored it until yesterday and finally reached out to IPV. Prior I dumped and re-loaded the app numerous times however didnt change the outcome however IPV had me do the exact same thing and it worked.

However the CS Rep I was chatting with stated they did nothing behind the scenes to rectify. I took this at face value thinking this was either the Shield update, Eero update or Comcast. After reading this post there are others out there makes me wonder…

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

1 Like