Which device for me?

Hi:Thanks for the add…I’m looking at a streaming device for my streaming needs…want all the video & audio formats such as HDR 10/10+ Dolby Vision on the video side.On the audio Atmos & DTS-X etc I know the Nvidia Shield checks off most if not all of this but looking to spend less if possible??Thanks 4 any help in advance!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @stereoguy
Welcome to the community.
Try looking at:
BeeLink GT King Pro
Formular Z10 Pro
X96 Max+
BuzzTV XRS 4900

1 Like

Spend for the best! It’s less expensive in the long run!

4 Likes

Android tv box or straight android box.easy to setup no sideload issues and start cheap and go to expensive check them out as well as shield .

If you’ve got the audio setup to play TrueHD you pretty much have to get the Shield. I got the pro and have no regrets. The amount I’m saving per month versus traditional cable has more than made up for the cost of the device.

“Atmos” seems to be a loosely defined thing unfortunately. Dolby Digital Plus is still using a form of compression. The best of the best is TrueHD. You need the shield to passthrough audio to an AVR.

P.S. The upscaling really does make a difference for 1080p content to 4K. Just for the hell of it I turned on demo mode the other day during a night scene in a movie. There were cars driving across a bridge in a scene that showed the whole city. With the upscaling the lights were precise and you could see a clear outline and the detail of the dark clouds. With the upscaling turned off there was quite a bit of blur.

2 Likes

Check out the following: available on Amazon

1. Ugoos AM6B Plus (Top rated just under Nvidia Shield by TV Box Stop)
    Now $160 after 20% off coupon Comes with standard android and Ugoos launcher options.
  2. Magicsee N6 Plus 4gb RAM/32 gb internal memory, dual external antenna, $119.95
  3. Magicsee N5 Plus 4gb RAM/64 gb internal memory, external antenna
    Both Magicsee units have a nice clean launcher interface.
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.