Walmart ONN is a Killer Box - Who needs the Shield

Also has the AV1 codec.

My online Walmart search was saying the same thing (sold out at all local stores) + plus I couldn’t figure out how to get it shipped. Then I went back and tried the link to Walmart from one of Troy’s recent ONN posts, and viola, the shipping option showed up. I bought a pack of lithium ion batteries (for security cam replacement in the future) that put me over the $35 and thus free shipping.

1 Like

Look Harder. Go into Display and Sounds. The setting defaulted to HDR probably due to my Samsung 4K HDR TV. I don’t know what Dolby Vision is. My TV does not support it I guess but it is there.

1 Like

Well, if you want to get rid of your Shield PM me and I will give you my address where you can send it. lol

1 Like

Well, you gotta admit that little cheapy has some nice bells and whistles.

4 Likes

I’ll try again it wouldn’t work for me when I tried . Could have been a bad Debrid feed on kodi. When I tried to watch in Dolby Vision the color was just green and pink . So I’m thinking for sure that’s not gonna happen.

My tv supports Dolby Vision but it isn’t listed as an option when I look where your at in the settings?

I meant in the settings on Onn

Not sure why. HDR and Dolby Vision are supported. As long as your devices are this should work. As I said before I didn’t have to mess with the setting. It Auto set me up on HDR. The issue has to be on your end.

Honestly I hope your right. I’ll play around with again tomorrow. Right now I’m gonna watch Stanley Cup playoffs.Have a nice evening.

We need these in Canada or at least let me order it from the USA Walmart. I will pop over to Niagara Falls in a month or so and hopefully the one Supercenter there might have some in stock.

Order 2 of them and save $6.99! It’s a secret special online discount only a select few know about! :grinning: :wink:

1 Like

I have 2019 Nvidia and have older Onn and the new Onn boxes. Honestly, performance is same on Shield vs Onn. Shield isn’t a cure all for issues either. Not knocking Shield bcuz Nvidia keeps updates. If you’re just streaming and not gaming, a Firestick or Onn Tv box works fine. Just don’t overload with useless APK’s and do regular maintenance

2 Likes

Know anybody in upstate NY? Or someone here form there? Then you could order them online to be sent there.

Other than the new box running Google TV OS vs the old running Android TV OS is there any other noticeable difference in the two?

(9) :eyes: WALMART’S NEW ONN. 4K STREAMING BOX - REVIEW & GIVEWAY :eyes: - YouTube

I don’t but I will go there in the near future.

I have 1 of each. I think they are both good little streamers. The rear remote link button is new, a little faster and upgraded CPU in the new one, and then yea, the Google TV. Other than that, not much that I have noticed yet. For the price, they are a bargain for streaming, as long as they hold up having no box cooling or vent holes. And if they don’t, I guess just get another for $20 lol.

1 Like

Bought one. Didn’t need one. Last one on the shelf. I just gotta test it lol

1 Like

I didn’t need it either. Please, nobody tell my wife. :grimacing:

AV1 codec. Dolby Vision. Larger box if that means anything?