WalMart Onn is in a restart loop

Hoping you guys and gals can help. I have several Firesticks, One Fire Cube Gen 2 all work great. I bought 2 Walmart Onn Boxes and loved them until one keeps rebooting. Every two minutes or so it restarts while using TiviMate. It restarts and as soon as VPN loads TiviMate starts and runs great for about two minutes and then yup it restarts. I am running Wolf Launcher but went back to stock launcher with the same results.I have not tried other apps because it is a bedroom tv that my wife watches. anyone else had this issue?

Thanks, Steve

Try a factory reset if you can. If no luck try and return it. However returning it with your stuff still present could be dangerous.

1 Like

So last night the remote wouldn’t even turn the tv off which it always does. Checked the box this afternoon and it was hot not even being used. Unplugged it for an hour and it seems to be OK right now. Weird!! Will update later after wife goes to bed and fires it back up.

Thanks, Steve

get a little usb fan and sit it on it.

3 Likes

So the Onn box in the bedroom has been working good since unplugging for an hour or so last week. The Onn box in our bar turned into a brick, would not load anything ( and of course we had people over) just a black screen. After leaving it unplugged for a bit it loaded a factory reset screen (without me pushing any buttons) so I did the reset. It loaded back up as new, had to reinstall everything including Wolf Launcher and is working OK again. After 2 issues in a week with these I ordered the Formuler Z11 Pro Max that I have been looking at for a while. I will keep the Onn on a rarely used TV, just don’t trust it anymore.

1 Like

Mine heats up and restarts too…not often though.

For $16 this is what I got. Cools my Shield Pro and my Samasung Evo 256GB SSD.

The heating issue seems to be very intermittent, the one that did get hot hasn’t done it again since and the other one never got hot it just wouldn’t load. Looking forward to getting the Z11, that will be the main device in the bar and the fire cube 2nd gen in the living room. Other firestick 4K’s on a few others, sounds like I have to many TV’s LOL.

Love this fan! I am a cooling fanatic and put them on every box I own, including my Onns. I’ll have to take a picture of my porch Shield, 4 total fans (not including the internal fan) lmao. Highly recommended!

1 Like

I love it has multi speed switch, vibration dampening pads. And two usb plugs, one for power an an extra. And it is so quiet, even on hi speed.

2 Likes

Let us know how ya get on with the z11.

Will do, should be here Friday afternoon.

1 Like

Does it really run that hot or just a precaution?

Just a precaution. It is also to help with moisture since it is technically not “inside” the house, it’s a sun porch. I keep a dehumidifier and heater out there. Just wanted to show you I do use the fans that Miki recommended. They are great and very quiet.

2 Likes