VPN? Should I use?

Always vpn when streaming. IPVanish is what I use but Surfshark is good also and affordable

Windscribe is my backup

1 Like

I read the other day, canā€™t recall where, that Express VPN has been compromised and couldnā€™t be trusted any moreā€¦

1 Like

Hello Everyone, regarding IPVanish speeds, lots of updates have occurred in past 6 months.

They upgraded their servers then implemented Wireguard protocol which is much faster for many people.

I personally get better speeds with OpenVPN UDP. It all depends on your ISP and network configuration.

I suggest testing each protocol with Analiti speed test and also play around with your location settings as well. Try different serversā€¦

For the person having problems with TiviMate not working that sounds like the service provider is blocking VPNs. I would double check with them about that. If it works fine when not connected that tells me that they are IP locked.

Iā€™m getting double the speeds I was getting prior to all their updates. So, if you havenā€™t tested protocols lately, I would strongly suggest doing it again.

Also, please remember that having 150 Mbps is overkill. Really, all you need is 10 to 20 to stream 1080p and 25 to 30 for 4K.

Here is a video on this that I did before the Wireguard update. IPVanish VPN Protocol Speed Trick - Increase Your VPN Speed With These Simple Tweaks - YouTube

Hope you all are having an awesome weekend!

3 Likes

Like usual, I knew @TROYPOINT would give an update and its very much appreciated. Thanks! Iā€™ll most likely get your deal and go with IPVanish. I trust in you

1 Like

I did extensive testing, and I mean extensive. Every combination possible, wiregaurd, udp, tcp, portals, servers etc. I saw absolutely no speed gains what so ever after the IPVanish speed improvement claims including switching to one of their ā€œoptimizedā€ servers located in Ashburn. I switched to ExpressVPN and immediately saw double the IPVanish speeds, even to the same cities. Now I have no idea how any claim can be made that you can have smooth no buffering playback with barely 10MB speeds. Never ever have I seen, in over 5 yrs, anybody get good playback with no buffering at those speeds. It has been my experience installing, optimizing and managing hundreds of various firestick models that you need speeds toping 25Mb minimum to get little to no buffering. The biggest problem has imho, nothing to do with the firestick, it has to do with the pathetic state of internet providers infrastructure.

Hello Troy - Again itā€™s good to Talk to you Again.!! BTW - Christopher Short here Lolā€¦ it was me that started that post - I tried Everything ( spoke to Providers ) They Said Definitely wasnā€™t them or there End - Plus I Have had Ipvanish since like 2013 also Had Express for awhile at same time.( Because some services and providers would not Work with IPVANISH.!! Anyway Troy ( I To am a Total Open UDP Believer 100% ) yet I tried Every protocol - Servers outside us and still nothing.!!? So I Uninstalled IPv and Got Another and Now works Smooth!! I Got say Troy - This one baffling and Makes me Nervous!! Thanks for your Feedback and If you know Anything else Iā€™m all Heard Brother :100:.!! Thanks Troy + STAY GOLDEN

1 Like

One last thing regarding VPNs. Weā€™ve been down this road before on this forum. Which one is better? Itā€™s like arguing if Windows is better than Mac. Or, Android is better than iOS. Use the one that works best for your situation. There are lots of factors that determine how well a VPN performs. Distance from server you are connecting to, your network setup, your ISP, the list goes on and on. Please know that IPVanish does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee so you arenā€™t out anything if you cancel within that 30 days.

3 Likes