VPN compatibility with IPTV

Just a poll but how many of you guys get your VPN to function with your iptv service consistently without it stopping your service from working or causing major buffering. I got Surfshark when it got voted number 1 and have tried every configuration and watched every tutorial on the internet but I never got it to work with any of my services and majority of the services I use or try are from the list on troypoint. Only thing I can get to work is the ad blocker for streaming sites. Just want to know how many of y’all get your VPN to work with iptv

1 Like

I have ProtonVPN and I never have problems with my IPTV or any other app.

3 Likes

CyberGhost VPN. No issues.

1 Like

I’d venture to say that surfshark is not your problem and its more with setup/isp service. What are the speeds with the vpn on? up and down.

4 Likes

No problem :blush: with expressvpn.

3 Likes

VPNs and unverified IPTV service compatibility can present a challenge. You are not alone. What works one day might change the next. I’ve been with AirVPN for years problem free.

When I do have connection problems, I look for the best combination of:.

1.) Country - Canada/USA
2.) Protocol - OpenVPN/Wireguard
3.) Server priority - Speed/Latency

Once found for a specific IPTV provider, it rarely changes.

4 Likes

To my knowledge my VPN has no effect on my iptv service. It works fine whether it’s on or not, in fact my speeds are higher with my VPN on. Proton

2 Likes

Use SS all the time. In fact, using it now on my laptop and device. It seems to work fine on my end.

4 Likes

What’s your internet speed with vpn off and on?

1 Like

It depends on the connection type to your isp and the vpn… Some of these isp dudes really frown on vpn connections and i really dont get why, so they have limitations. Depends on the region and server you are using too.

It’s not the vpns fault its mainly your iptv person. Some vpns however work a little differently when encrypting that traffic and blocking those packets so the process might not interfere with the same person vs another vpn. There is more variables too but thats the main reason.

2 Likes

IPVanish here and two different IPTV services. No problems here at all.

1 Like

No issues with Surfshark and IPTV.

2 Likes

I’ve used 3 VPN’s at different times with no problems with any of them. In order of recent to last used -

1. Nord
  2. VPN Unlimited (great company w/superlative customer service)
  3. Windscribe
1 Like

No problems here. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Have both Nord and IPVanish and have been using IPTV since 2015. As a rule I occasionally have a certain providers that have VPN interface issues however I would say it is less than 5% of the time. Understand we all have preferences and/or different viewpoints but typically I drop them as I do not risk running any service without a VPN. I would recommend trying out the free or low cost 24 - 48 trials and then begin playing with your settings. This place is a great resource and a ton of smart people always willing to help.

Happy streaming…

Not one issue when using either Surfshark or Express. I use auto protocol on both and they run as expected

1 Like

I’m using SS and it will not work at all with my iptv if I select wireguard or ikev2. I have use openvpn.

I use surfshark in the uk no problems just pick your nearest server check speeds regularly and it should be fine

2 Likes

USA
ORLANDO
wire guard

Surf shark runs great with all my IPTV services. Much better the IpVanish ever did and better then NordVPN. Which is funny since Nord owns SurfShark

Sal

2 Likes

I use IPVanish and I have never had any problems.

1 Like