Vpn and stream locator

Are there any good free vpn services out there ? and can a vpn affect or mess up the use of a StreamLocator ?

I have never used a free VPN, but I think Proton is okay. Im not sure if it’s free version is any good, but at least the name is reputable. Im not certain on the Stream Locator.

I’ve not used one either but I’ve seen some have a limit of data you can use

1 Like

What dose a stream locator do ?

2 Likes

Hey Jesse,

If you choose to use StreamLocator, you won’t need a VPN for Verified Apps and services. However, it will not make you anonymous when using Unverified Services to protect your data as a VPN would.
Check out the StreamLocator vs VPNs section of our review here: https://troypoint.com/streamlocator-review/#StreamLocator_vs_VPNs

3 Likes

Proton free is good. Limited countries and servers are often quite full. But it’s actually a good free service.

2 Likes

Award is another free one. You will have to use their site then when you are there, you’re good for 6 hours until you would need to watch an ad again. Not too shabby but of course the speed may or may not be suitable for you.

1 Like

I think I better slow down. Before I tried to answer your question, I watched the TP video right under your question from TP-Brett. It gave me a ton of info: wasn’t aware of. I found a StreamLocator app in the play store on my Shield. I installed it but there is still some research I need to do. It is named StreamLocator streaming vpn. But when I opened it, it looks just like the one I see when I open my account on google chrome on my computer.

1 Like

I kind of understand now. I talked to a support tech at StreamLocator. He said that he is aware of what Stremio is. He said it would be best for me not to use a VPN because it would interfere with the geo blocking that my locator does. It helps me watch some premium stuff I would have to pay for here in the states. Like those that come installed on a lot of android tv boxes. I better not say anymore. But thanks to everyone that tried to help me. I am glad I watched this TP-Brett posted.

Not in a million years would I use Stremio without a VPN. Many of the links use torrents and those streams are much more likely to be monitored for content than other non torrent streams. Stremio with the proper addons provides you with a the up to date movies and TV Series that are available. If Stream Locator provides a similar opportunity to watch streams anonymously then give it a go if you want. Just be safe and stream as anonymously as possible.

3 Likes

I concur with Miki. Never use Stremio without a VPN. You might as well download a torrent on your pc and if they are looking and they often do, expect a letter from your ISP forwarded from the company that owns the distribution rights. ** I know nothing about stream locators but I understand torrents.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.