USB storage causing Firestick rebooting

I have a USB 256gig storage drive installed on my Firestick, as per Troypoint instructions, and it has worked well for a couple of weeks until now. My Firestick began rebooting constantly a couple of days ago and eventually I disconnected the USB drive and it stopped. I have lots of programs on this drive including a Kodi 19.1 build that I just completed and I would like to use it.
Is there anything I can do to stop this rebooting situation? Note: It was rebooting before the Kodi build.
Thanks

Do you perhaps have an auto start function enabled on some program that may be hunting for a component it can’t find? Not sure how many programs you have on external but if you can, try moving them back onto the stick one at a time and see if it stops.

@hacksaw

Along with the above statement is it possible you have to much on your stick and it’s retarting due to lack of ram or bogged down?

That’s a good idea. I’ll take a look.
Thanks

I’ll check it out. Thanks

Are you powering the firestick with a USB port on the TV? If so that isn’t enough power to run every thing. Plug it into the wall. :+1:

1 Like

@Bing

Welcome to our community!!

And this is also correct. Try this option as well.

Thanks Dracoo.

I hope it cures his issue.

Thanks. Been under the weather, hence the delayed feedback.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.