Upgrading my build

Why is it that whenever I need to upgrade my build I lose all my settings??? Things like Trakt, Real-Debrid, Premiumize, ResolveURL all have to be reinstalled. Doesn’t matter if I do a “fresh” or “standard” build, I still lose everything. I have been backing up and have to go through that whole step after the new install is complete but come on! Why can’t what I have already in place STAY already in place. I have used Frank’s for a while now because I didn’t wind up having constant updates to the build but, as of late, Frank’s is doing the same thing to me. Digg’s is notorious for adding new upgrades to their build so I quit using them. Hope I’m making sense here. But I have to tell you that after over 3 years of learning as I go and creating and re-creating what I had up and running and loving is getting very old and making me a very unhappy camper. Please help me if you can or tell me it is what it is and I have to live with it. Either way, I’ll take it in and deal with it in whatever way I need to.

Thanks, in advance.

Karen

@karenleigh wow that can be aggravating I know I’ve been there :unamused: I think if you open up whatever wizard you’re using and click on settings, go to “install settings” then scroll over and scroll down and turn on the things you want to keep. That worked for me.

the highlighted area that’s got the glare says “install settings” and you have to click ok on the right to save new settings.

1 Like

Thanks PapaS! You know I always make sure that these things are on but they don’t seem to help when you go to “install” or “fresh install” on the build. I use Frank’s cuz it’s simple and I’ve had the best luck with it … until recently. I don’t know if I’m doing something that’s making them request a new install or if it just so happens that they actually are updating. I know this build is under the Crew Repo and I’ve been using the “Boys …” Wizard but I know that this build started out under EzzerMacs but it seems to have been picked up by The Crew Repo, among others.

Thank you so much for you input. I’ll try it again and see what happens. I just spend so much time on all this and wish that they would standardize it so that we wouldn’t have to go through all this over and over and over again (over 3 years, mind you, that I’ve been learning and growing in all this). :slight_smile:

Karen

1 Like

I’m sure one of the many much more knowledgeable people on this forum will end up helping you get this figured out quickly. Pretty sure if you take the fresh install choice, that will erase all the stuff you checked to save but like I say I’m sure someone here will know the answer :wink: Stream On @karenleigh

You helped alot PapaS. Thank you so much. I’m going to love having this community around. I’ll probably use it alot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Builds as well and after upgrading a Build so many times it has become old Hat for me. I mean at most you probably use 2-3 addons so all you have to do is keep a few Browser tabs open on your phone. 1 with the Trakt device authorization input URL. And the other with the Real Debrid authorization. Takes less than 5 minutes to reauthorize everything and if your Build has a Wizard and you use Favorites there should be an area to Whitelist (Keep) your favorites when upgrading

1 Like

Hi Mark, and thanks for responding. I agree about re-creating everything by using your phone apps for Trakt, Real-Debrid, Premiumize, and ResolveURL and others. I came across that quite by accident when I got tired of going back and forth to my laptop to complete the re-installs. :slight_smile:

As for the “whitelist” I wasn’t using them cuz it was a chore to go through all the available items for your whitelist and I got tired of it so I quit using it. But now that you’ve said that, I’ll see if that helps me when I have to go and reinstall the builds from now on.

Thanks dear sir. Much appreciated.

karen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.