Updates ; not enough space available

removable storage i believe

That is the issue. Unless you want it to be removable. I use a 32gb usb removable for moving things from pc to box but if you want permanant storage it should be formated as internal( device storage)

1 Like

another thing if/after you do that, go into developer options>>>near bottom of list and allow force allow apps on external. This is optional but works well. It will not move anything you set as internal but will future installs. Can be changed within individual app settings in storage settings.

I also had this problem; you have to remove the app from USB to internal to update it and sometimes have to uninstall. This was one of the problems with the FS 4K. The Max will not let you put it back to USB. I used Xplore on the 4K to put it back to USB.

2 Likes

That’s odd. I move my apps from the USB to the Max and back easily. But I found some of my apps can stay on the usb and I can update them.

Ok So I just did a test out of curiosity using Analiti. I moved it from the USB back to the Max, restarted the Max and then tried to move it back to the USB, no go. So I deleted it and once again downloaded it from the Amazon App store and it installed it onto my Max and would not allow me to move it to the USB. So one more try. This time I uninstalled it and instead of the app store I went to apkpure and downloaded it. This time it was installed onto the USB. So it appears that some apps can be easily moved back and forth while others can’t. 3rd party apps do get installed to the usb while apps from the app store are installed on the max. Now to test that out some more. tx @rjwinkler this gives me additional info I didn’t know.

1 Like

I have tried to use apkpure and have not had much luck with it. I downloaded the app and ran it and get a small video. I am about 20 feet from my TV and have to get closer to read what’s on the screen. I don’t have experience with this app but trying since most of the people on insider are using it.

I don’t use apkpure all the time. It is one of the safer apk libraries but not my fav. I don’t install it, just go to the site when I want to check version numbers etc.

Thanks for the info. Will use it like you do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.