Unknown sources not working

I have installed unlinked but can’t get unknown sources to change to ‘on’. My other apps do but this one does nothing when I select it

Hi @aly_a13
What device are you using?

1 Like

@aly_a13

What device are you using?

Unknown sources has to be turned on manually in the settings first. Then you install unlinked.

Edit: sorry my mistake when you go into the firestick turn on unknown sources for the Downloader under applications.

Edit2: has Miki mentioned. I gave you advice for a andriod box. My apologies.

1 Like

Firestick xxx I need more letters

It is turned on for the other apps. I can’t turn them on until I download an app

My fire tv> Developer options> Apps from Unknown sources> old firesticks turn it on> newer sticks click on it to open a list> click on the app you use, like “Downloader” to download apks and install> enable or on. Done

2 Likes

This is a new firestick. When I open my fire tv, unlinked is there. I click on it and it moves the cursor to the top app-which is already on

Can you provide a screen shot? Clicking on unlinked should open it’s home screen with the “add new library” at the top. Clicking an app should open the “download window”, clicking download will do exactly that, start the download, after which you then click the app icon again to open the Launch/Delete/Show in file explorer window, clicking launch will activate your android installer, choose install, once done click “done” on the installer, that closes it, now click on the app icon one last time in unlinked, to open the options and click “delete” this will remove the “apk” as once installed you don’t need it. Hit your home button and find your installed app. Done. Now if you missed deleting the apk, just return to the applinked library you got the app from, click the app icon, then click delete and close out. That should be it.

2 Likes

For some reason, it worked. Thank you for all your help

3 Likes

@aly_a13

Thanks for your support in this community.

If the topic is resolved please mark the solution that helped you to encourage others with similar issues.

Have a amazing night.

2 Likes

How do I mark this as resolved?

As you are the topic creator you will see on each reply towards the bottom a “ Solution “ option. Whichever persons reply solved your inquiry click on the solution check mark :white_check_mark: and ur done.This will help anyone with similar issue quickly see which reply helped you solve your issue. Thanks

1 Like

I know that this has been fixed for you but I do want to comment on this for those who run into this problem in the future. For those on older Fire TV devices (Fire OS 6 and earlier), there is one universal setting for Unknown sources and that covers all applications on the system. For those with Fire OS 7 and higher, you must first install an application that has the ability to side-load apps such as Downloader, Unlinked, TROYPOINT App, etc. After that, you go into settings / dev options and turn on unknown sources for each of those specific applications.

1 Like