Unable to open Kodi

I cannot get Kodi 19.5 and 20,0 to open on my cube although I had the same issue on my 4k-max. Kodi launches only to the Kodi (1st page) but not to the skin page. It freezes on the kodi page and the home page button on the remote is the only key that works. I restarted it and cleared cache but still will not open pass the Kodi screen. When I closed Kodi yesterday using the shut down, not force close, it didn’t close. I had to close using the home function on the remote, after waiting about 10 minutes for it to shut down When tried to pen it today it wouldn’t open. does anyone have an idea whats preventing it from opening… I had Kodi 19.5 and 20.0 working fine for about a week or two before stopping

Are you installing it on the FS or an external USB drive? Sometimes on a slow external drive it will take a wile to load.

Have you tried the “Clear Data” option in the FireSticks menu (the one above clear cache) as they will reset Kodi back to the original state. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling it, restarting your FS and installing it again either from the Kodi website or Troy’s Toolbox.

Make sure you also have enough space on the FS to run it.

I’ve installed it on both the FS and cube. 19.5 was installed on a FS 4-k max and it froze. I installed 20.0 on the cube it froze and I then installed 19.5 and it froze. Before I installed either if them I cleared cache and removed data and then uninstalled Kodi each time on both devices.

I am not using any external storage. I installed from Troy’s toolbox a few weeks ago but no builds showed to install. I also used down loader. I have uninstalled and re-installed on both devices more than once In each instance they’ll both work fine for a while and then freeze when I try to open. I had over a GB storage each time

If you only have a Gb when you started then that is the problem. Kodi takes up a lot of space

I had more than a GB after it was installed.

Oh I see, that’s not very much. But it still should open and run. There’s something else going on you’re having so many problems

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.