UK Police Making Home Visits to Unauthorized IPTV Subscribers

ha! i just used the flashlight on my phone to look for my phone.

Did you also put your glasses on to look for your glasses?

Itā€™d be nice if remotes were not almost always black.

Iā€™ve started taping strips of aluminum foil to remotes to make them more visible.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t there some little gadget invented where you could attach it to your valuable item, and then when you lost it you could clap your hands and it would whistle? LOL I think this was made for locating lost car keys, but for me it would work best on the remote. :+1:

There wasā€¦maybe still is. But the foil & scotch tape are available for me immediately, though that device would be a better idea.

1 Like

But your idea is less expensive and I say whatever works is what you should use. :slightly_smiling_face: :trophy:

1 Like

Itā€™s wack-a-mole time again in the UK. This will never work as consumers will continue to find reasonably priced streaming alternatives to expensive cable and satellite services, which are a ripoff. The more streaming alternatives and competition, the better! It is no wonder people continue to cut the cord in growing numbers. The media conglomerates are greedy and just canā€™t see themselves ever giving the consumer fair value at a reasonable cost.

1 Like

And whatever you do NEVER allow them into your house without a specific warrant! Once they are in your house, they can do a search of ANYTHING visible, including rooms with doors open, unlocked cabinets, etcā€¦

2 Likes

just give them amazon web address an they can get there own

And these were pre-loaded devices sold to them. Donā€™t know if that makes a difference. Other than the provider was probably higher on their list which may have brought the ā€œcustomersā€ into it.

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering where my laptop is. Iā€™ll go walk into the kitchen to see if itā€™s in thereā€¦wait, why did I walk in here?

Make sure you keep your car keys and fob in a faraday cage. Streaming device too?

First I have to admit I didnt know what a faraday cage was, so google told me. Second, um, why do I want to keep my keys in there? Lol :thinking:

Apparently, there is a scanner device that people can use to steal the codes from your key fob. A Faraday cage is a way to block them from getting the codes.

Donā€™t try to be a hero if they ever knock on your door. Itā€™ll only make things worse. Keep your answer simply to ā€œI can neither confirm or deny anything without a lawyer presentā€. If they have a warrant with your name on it signed by a judge then thereā€™s nothing you can do to stop them from coming in. If they donā€™t have a warrant then tell them ā€œIā€™m sorry but I have nothing left to say and Iā€™m going to have to ask you to please leaveā€. Iā€™m not a lawyer, but Iā€™ve witnessed enough to know how these things go.

1 Like

ring doorbell comes in really handy