Ugoos UT8 Pro- Initial Thoughts

I’ve had very few issues with the UT8 box. Most if any issues have been self inflicted., :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@MCat Correct. I have raised all my issues with the developer, but still no response.

And despite other members saying they have no issues with the box, my box is playing up.

1. Nord vpn installs, but will not open on initial try. Reboot box and it will open.

Sign in page accepts my email and password, but then directs me to a payment page. I have several emails to and from Nord, and disabled MFA. They are completely at a loss to understand what is going on.

1. Sd maid functions, but app cleaner takes an age to delete items. Developer had tried everything, but still does not function as on other android devices i use.

3…Wifi does not function unless ethernet cable is removed.

1. Changing display size to larger affects ookla speedtes app on screen. And also affects the home screen, by moving the apps to the side of the screen.

And then you drag and drop the apps to the bottom of the screen, EXCEPT the app tray.

1. Google is not pre installed snd cannot be downloaded from playstore. The developer now claims that android boxes do not come with google preinstalled, because google app was only intended for android phones!!! So, all my other non phone android devices are wrong??

I actually called out an excellent computer guy, who i have known for years. He tried everything to solve the issues on these apps and suggested that i contact the developer again.

He suggested that Android 11 and this box had conflicts. His comments, not mine.

And there i will stop. I am happy for those who have the box and encounter no issues. I just wish my box would be as good.

1 Like

I have a Ugoos AM6 B Plus which runs on Android 9 and I have had no issues with installation or function of apps whatsoever. I understand that things on certain apps are now a bit buggy with Android 11. I hope you can get any issues resolved soon as it appears these problems are arising out of the Android 11 operating system, as they have with Nvidia and other devices.

2 Likes

@sim_bill Many thanks for your input.

I genuinely would like this device to function. I hope the developer can respond positively.

Never had any issues such as these on my three minix devices. Just fancied trying and comparing the two different brands.

I will wait patiently for a fix.

See my post and replies on sideloading apps on android 11. Maybe some of the suggestions there will assist you.

Thks. I will try that option.

@sim_bill Well, I reset the box. And sideloaded 1 app from apk pure. Nord vpn.

Sadly, same problem and the same issue with SD Maid.

But, thanks for trying to help. I have contacted the seller, who is going to contact the company for an answer.

I will just wait out to see what the response is. In the meantime, back to my trusty minix😁

Must be a conflict with the apk software and android 11.

Just spoken with Ugoos in China. They are blaming google services and seemingly are not going to process my requests for support as it is not their problem!!

@sim_bill After yet another phone call to their China office a few hours ago and a very firm but polite request for an answer to my many other messages/ emails/video logs, I received an honest written reply this afternoon.

Quote" Hello XXXXXX…Unfortunately we can’t fix issues in apps you have mentioned, because we are not developers of those apps (Nord VPN and SD maid).

The Problem can be related to old app architecture and it’s compatibility with Android 11 in UT8, in this way old devices with android 10 or older work fine with mentioned apps.

In this way we can’t downgrade the system version on our devices to make those apps work, pretty sure soon most of app developers will update sdk for their apps and they will start work.

Ugoos support." Unquote

First, they blamed google services, then they blamed the 3rd party launcher conflict, even though i used their built in launcher. And now at last something that makes sense and is openly honest.

But, not to worry, at least i now know, it’s not user error.:grin:

Emails sent to app developers to see if they can upgrade their apps to Android 11 compatibility.

3 Likes

Based on your communications, it appears like you and Ugoos have it correct. The problem is a lack of compatibility of Nord Vpn and other apps with Android 11. Hopefully, your emails will bear fruit and their software will be changed to make it compatible. These developers and those associated with android 11 should be getting together in cooperation to fix these software conflicts and not pointing fingers. My devices all run on android 9 and I have not had these issues.

3 Likes

basically the coders need to catch up with the code :joy:

1 Like