U.S. Lawmakers Push To Criminalize Streaming

Originally published at: U.S. Lawmakers Push To Criminalize Streaming

U.S. lawmakers are in the process of examining the current legal loophole that exists for copyrighted works obtained through online streaming. As of now, there is a legal difference between streaming and downloading. Streaming is currently considered a public performance which is punishable as a misdemeanor whereas downloading is punishable as a felony. Its apparent…

1 Like

I agree with you 100%. The industry have priced themselves out of what the market will bear.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head, when you say people are tired of paying for a bunch of channels they never watch, and would rather choose the channels they want!

2 Likes

I completely agree with your analysis of the situation. If we are a capitalist country, then the market should respond to what people are willing to pay and people are tired of being gouged.

2 Likes

I agree 100% with Troy’s comments. No law is going to stop the IPTV train. These media executives need to get real and allow the consumer to get only what they want to watch at a reasonable price. Otherwise they’ll continue to hemorage subscribers.

2 Likes