TV's with "Fire TV" already loaded on them

My question is “Does anybody own, or know anything about them”??? Are they good?? Bad?? Any info would be great, we’re needing a new t.v. for one of the bedrooms, but didn’t know if it was worth buying one, or just adding a firestick to a smart t.v.?? Thank you in advance!!

Personally, a Firestick or Fire TV are relatively inexpensive items. I would not base my TV buying on whether or not it includes those. Most TVs have HDMI ports that allow you to add these.
Your TV choice should be based on size and picture clarity and price range that fits your budget among other things. I am a Samsung fanboy and believe a 65 to 85 inch is a great buy, even though they cost a little more.
I also like LG TVs. They closely follow Samsung’s lead with technology and features but use cheaper components that give you a slightly better price break. I have two of each.
Decide what is important to you but don’t decide on the inclusion of the Fire devices.

3 Likes

I totally agree, buy your TV based on the price point, picture quality and size…just make sure you have adequate HDMI ports available. Samsung is always your beat bet, but everyone’s taste is different. Go and look at different models and see what you like if you have that capability.

2 Likes

Thank you @bennievcrowell, @richlibel65 for some input. I went around looking at some yesterday. Looking for a 43" to a 55" range. I love my 60" samsung in my living room. I think i have one in mind! Thank you guys@

1 Like

just buy a good tv then buy a new fire tv cube!!

2 Likes

Yup Have one about one month no problems. Works great. Add “downloader” and add any thing, Cinema,Kodi, Etc. One remote for all. Toshiba Fire Tv at Best Buy for 300.00, 42inch, 55 inch same price. Have fun

3 Likes

I believe Toshiba sells TV’s with Fire TV installed. I read in a newsletter that TV’s with Roku built in didn’t work with kodi and you had to add a device.

3 Likes

I own a toshiba 55 with the fireTv built in and love it. For the price it was a no-brainer, and the picture quality so far has been fabulous, the Fire TV is 4k, its been great for me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the post. Welcome to our community!

I looked at those, poor reviews–which is why best buy is trying to dump them

1 Like

I grabbed an Insignia 24" for $70 that now sits on my computer desk along side my dual monitor setup. It’s sweet, all the same setup necessities as the stick, and has 4g memory. Is it a benefit you ask having within the TV you ask???..It’s sure makes it convenient when I move the set outside on the patio!!!

1 Like