Troypoint Fork 19.4

I have just bought MUVIP15 Android box with Kodi 18 pre installed. I tried to update it 19.4 but it wouldnt allow it so im using the Kodi Fork. Is it me, the MUVIP15 or the fact that im using the fork but it seems so sluggish?

Hello @Graham1 The TROYPOINT Kodi Fork is Kodi 19.4. The only difference is the name.

I haven’t touched anything within that app except change the package name, logos, and turn on Unknown Sources for addons.

5 Likes

Also keep in mind kodi uses alot of resources. So you have 18 plus a 19 fork, im willing to bet its your boxes resources being used up. Clean everything up and retry. Id get rid of 18 personally.

3 Likes

Force close any streaming apps not being used. . This is something that I always do on my boxes to free up resources and prevent your box from heating up. Good luck :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

4 Likes

Apps like Fast Task Killer, Background Apps & Process List, SD Maid, DefSquid could all help close programs and free enough resources.

1 Like

Don’t trust most of those apps. I’ve experimented with a handful of them and haven’t found one that actually closes the apps. I ran a scan, selected " kill apps" …went into settings to discover the apps were still running in the background. I personally don’t use more than 3 apps on my boxes so it’s easy to just force close after using an app. Having a settings button on my remote makes it easy too . :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

Background Apps/processes and DefSquid lets you conveniently force stop apps. More dependable that way in my opinion.

So you’re saying that if you use that app to force close apps instead of device app settings it’s more reliable to close apps? Or do you mean that it’s more reliable than other apps for force closing apps ?

1 Like

I guess i was comparing it to the one click fast task killer. Says it clears memory but doesnt actually “stop” apps.

2 Likes

Ok. I see. Glad you have an app that works for you. Install, test, uninstall , install , test , uninstall…it’s a lifestyle :sweat_smile::pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I have uninstalled Kodi 18 and installed 19.4. Ive also noticed these app killers not working correctly and i only use the rapid app killer from TP. I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Let us know how you like 19.4 Happy streaming :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

When you force close apps, they dont stay closed?

They close if I force close through device settings. When using downloaded apps for closing all apps they didn’t close. After using the app I would go to device settings to see that apps were still running in the background :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

Hmmm…gotcha. I’ll keep a closer watch for this.

1 Like

Hi PP, i already love Kodi 19.4. I’ve got it on 2 Firesticks and a Firetv. I had Kodi 18 on a Raspberry Pi2 also but it stopped working, Python problems etc and unsble to update it through XBMC or Libreelec. Ive got Diggz Xenon on all of yhem fir streaming tv episodes and soccer. Fabulous!

1 Like

Glad you like it. Basically, whenever Kodi updates to a new version the addon developers abandon the older versions and begin working on their addons for the newer version of Kodi so that they can keep up and be part of the current Kodi version . Eventually we will be upgrading to Kodi 20 . Happy streaming :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.