TROYPOINT Acquires Downloader App from AFTVnews

Originally published at: TROYPOINT Acquires Downloader App from AFTVnews

Over the past two years, TROYPOINT has been a proud sponsor of the popular Downloader App developed by Elias Saba over at AFTVNews.com. This application allows us to easily install apps not readily available in the Amazon App Store. Downloader also features a built-in browser that provides an easy way to download files to our…

14 Likes

I have tried to install downloader on my android box using the App Store and it is not there. I am using a skystream 111. I also,tried chrome and it would not install. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Chuck

Hi Chuck, this is only available for Android TV devices in the app store which is NVIDIA SHIELD, Mi Box, etc. What error are you getting when trying to install through browser? This should work fine. FYI, I am currently working with developer to get it added to Google Play Store for those running stock Android such as you.

1 Like

Thanks. I am getting, this version will not install.

I am going to return the sky stream, stick with my fire stick, and get a Shield in the future.

Thanks

1 Like

Good man @inlandchuck. You’re getting a Shield. Don’t know you but I like you already. Istarted by adding an 8 Terabyte external drive that took a day to format. Then decided to use that for Plex and JRiver Media Servers. Now I use a 500Gig Solid State Drive and the performance is great.! Very fast. As fast as I can select things.

Thanks for the response. I have one Shield already, will get another for a new tv. Sounds interesting how you modified.

Take Care

Chuck