Traveling to other countries with firestick

I will be spending a week in Costa Rica as a medical tourist. I don’t speak Spanish. I’m hoping ip Vanish will block my location so that I can use my Fiestick there while I recover. Does anyone know?

It will depend, to some extent, on the services you wish to receive. Amazon Prime, for example, doesn’t let me on until I turn off my VPN, even in an approved location in the US.

1 Like

I would like to use Cinema and I use IP Vanish and Real Debrid with it. Last time I went to Costa Rica I took along my Roku. The only thing I could watch was Youtube with a lot of Spanish programming into wade through.

If you’re using real debrid you probably don’t even require the VPN. But I would highly recommend it. I would also recommend Kodi with The Crew or Seren add-on since Cinema has been going downhill. As for verified services like Netflix or Amazon prime, they probably will block you if they detect VPN usage. But real debrid won’t care.

3 Likes

Would StreanLocator help you?

1 Like

I’m in Mexico. I’m Canadian and using an Amazon.com account. I use a VPN and watch content from anywhere I want. However, I don’t ever, and won’t ever, use a lame service like Prime. I also never use either You Tube or Netflix. I can however, state that I have thousands of channels in my TiViMate that I can watch. I use stremio, as I can not only take it anywhere, but if I don’t have my Firestick and a friend has one with Stremio installed I can log him out of his account, log into mine, and my entire setup will load into it automatically without any more input from me. I use TeaTV as my backup and access all sports in my Silk Browser. All in English BTW. So I say, go for it.

1 Like

She should be able to use split tunneling on vanish for Netflix and Amazon. I’ve not tried it but that’s what it’s supposed to be for. :grin::coffee:

That only works if the app (such as Netflix) doesn’t have a way of detecting that you are using a VPN. If they can detect a VPN they can still block the streams. Idk how they do it, but some can.

1 Like

I’m going to try it tonite, cuz I know if I have it on they’ll pop up a message. I’ll let u know for sure

Split tunneling works for some, but then as Prime isn’t available outside the US it will know and block you. These companies have tons of cash and the best stuff so using deep packet scanning they know more than the average bear.

Ok just tried it, and two months ago or so I forgot it still on and couldn’t connect to the flix. Lo and behold I tried both ways split and normal and I can connect to the flix and prime. Something changed

Excellent. Sometimes the streaming gods bestow good fortune on the deserving.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

No way. Go to the site and read about it. It can mess up your IP address for a long time if you don’t do things properly.

@Judi

You can use your firestick in Costa Rica. Paid services like Netflix and prime are tied to your subscription and payment method along with geo location. So if you took it there it will work. Just don’t use a vpn for those paid service.

I think you will be fine with your real debrid, I’m not to sure if it will block you because you are on a different ip address going to different places. I think as long as your account is not being used at 2 places at the same time.

1 Like

I"m a U.S. citizen, living in Japan. No issues with my firesticks here…
firestick 4k, 4k max, lite, & 1st gen from many years ago lol
proton vpn
rd
tivimate
syncler
cinema hd

2 Likes

Are you able to use Real-Debrid with protonvpn turned on?

Yes, I’m able to use rd with protonvpn turned on…works like a charm!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.