Transfer contents from old cube to new cube

How do I transfer my setup and aps from my current 2nd gen cube to a new 3rd gen cube? I don’t want to have to manually rebuild my new cube.

I don’t think it’s possible to transfer You’re data from 1 cube to another. I think the best thing you can do is put the Troy point rapid app installer On it and download all of the apps apps you want From there. Make sure to install the unlinked app from The RAI So you can download all the 3rd party apps.

1 Like

One problem with FireTV OS is that apps loaded onto external USB Drive can only be read by the device that loaded those apps. Now if you do a backup of your Amazon account, then when you install a new FireTV device and register it to your account you should get a popup asking if you’d like to use the “backup copy” to install on the new device.

Thank you. But recently I built a Firestick 4k and when I plugged it in it asked if I wanted to create the new Firestick from another Firestick device.

1 Like

lol. You were typing at the same time as me. So the cube is a FireTV OS and should act the same way as the Firestick. Can’t talk from experience as I only have the Max as my only FireTV OS device. Give it a try.

I’m not sure about the new 3rd Gen Cube, but I’ve set up multiple FireSticks using my 2nd Gen Cube as the device from which to set up the new Cube. That being said, that process WILL NOT copy most APKs or other items that were sideloaded. Those you’ll have to reinstall from scratch. It is a time saver though.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your input.

1 Like

Anyways…A fresh install on any device is fun…and usually faaaaast. Same as a new laptop…you sit thereand think this ia a very fast puter…get new one and wonder :thinking:…wow this pc blows away that piece of junk :joy: :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.