Trakt keeps a list of everything you watch

Is there a way to set Trakt so they don’t keep a list of everything you watch on their web sight.
If someone is keeping track of what you watch why use a VPN?

1 Like

@Bill41

Use a vpn, sign up with a fake email and that way it doesnt matter. If your using trakt with lets say “questionable” apps then thats how you do it. Otherwise no, its soul purpose is to keep trakt, but i do believe you can make your profile private i think.

Did I do something wrong?

1 Like

@Bill41

What do you mean? I was telling you how to setup trakt so it’s anonymous so it doest piggy back to you. In case you are worried.

You didn’t do anything wrong.

2 Likes

I was replying to This Posy; You will receive notifications because you created this topic. and Thank you , I didn’t use a fake E- mail , I never thought of that.

1 Like

Do you use a vpn? If you do then don’t worry about trakt on the website. Fake email plus vpn and trakt = bliss. Lol.

3 Likes

Yes I Use IpVanish Thanks

1 Like

Surprisingly, I found that even though I have not signed up for Trakt, it still tracks me. I found this out when I loaded Asgard. On CinemaHD when you clear your history it states that it is sent to Trakt.

It’s bad enough that Google and Verizon wireless tracks every thing I do.

Yes that is the whole point of Trakt TV It keeps tracked of what you watch. I love it. i have the Premium Version for $30/year Let’s me do a lot. BUT if you are paranoid of a service that keeps tracked of what you watch this is not for you . LOL!!!

1 Like

That just means Insider will send you notifications when there is activity on you topic your started.

1 Like

I see that now Thanks

2 Likes

My point was that even though I’m not signed up for Trakt, it is still tracking. Not really an issue if one only watches programming that is not copyrighted. But somewhere there is a list of everything that you’ve watched. I would think that there would be some organization that would be interested in a list of people that are watching copyrighted content. I would just want to be off of that radar.

@JerryJ

Simple answer, don’t use trakt. Also as i said if you use it, paie with vpn and fake email so it doesnt come back to you.

1 Like

Ahhh I don’t think this is possible if you never created a TracktTV Account and synched it within KODI or somewhere else.

1 Like

That was my thinking to. Only way would have been to have an account at one time. I use to have one and then simply canceled as imho it’s a useless app. Not been trakt since.

1 Like

One thing thing I forgot to mention was that the tracking that I found, on the Asgard addon, was only the Realdebrid history.

If you look in Asgard tools there is a listing of RD history. Interestingly the list had listed movies that I had watched on The Crew addon. So it must be RD that is supplying the tracking? I only have three addons and CinemaHD and none of them are setup for Trakt. I’ve never signed up for Trakt.

Is it possible that RD is the culprit?

2 Likes

@JerryJ

It probably uses the trakt library, if you use syncler you will know what i mean, similar to tmbd. Again, if you use a vpn there isnt anything to worry about, also rd has a https encryption. You can also go into your rd under torrents and clear your cloud. I think you are worrying to much. Users like you and me are not the target. Simple vpn sovles this, masks your ip so it cant be tied to you.

2 Likes

Yes Real Debrid has a mechanism that captures everything you watch. You can easily delete that if you wish. They are not reporting it to any agency though if that is what you are concerned about

1 Like

Where would I find this option. I’m repetitively new to to RD.

1 Like

Sign in to your Real Debrid account online. Along the top choose Torrents.

1 Like