Tivimate player not working but external player works

I just subscribed to the paid version if TiviMate. Before subscribing, I used the free version and all channels that had content worked fine. Now with the paid service, I get “An error occurred: MediaCodecVideoDecoderException” .
I get video and audio by using an VLC as an external player. It’s clunky to have to choose to run every show through an external player. Why didn’t the included player work, and how can I choose the external player by default? Thanks

1 Like

If you are using a vpn try switching servers.

2 Likes

This has been an occasional problem with the video codec that is often corrected after about 15 minutes. If this isn’t the case for you then the solution has been to uninstall the app and install the latest version.

2 Likes

I have problems watching a science fiction channel on VOD on TV mate through a paid IPTV service. When I submitted a ticket to get it fixed the show is watching actually had three separate channels for each episode one channel would be in French one channel I can watch and I believe it was at 7:20 and the other channel would just buffer buffer buffer and I think it might have been a 4K channel. After the ipt service fixed it I noticed that Channel that I was watching I was getting a lot of problems with buffering changed from a 720 to 5:34… I also believe that some of my buffing problems on watching a paid IPTV service is that they narrow the bandwidth much so you can only watch one channel that the narrowest of the bandwidth actually causes some buffing problems and I believe they are very very tricky about how much bandwith they give you and how much ratio they give you on a Channel 4K 720 1080 or 540.

1 Like

I dont think thats related… try to be on topic.

2 Likes

I get the same codes that you get when I’m trying to watch a VOD on TV mate, MediaCodecVideoDecoderException however I can watch the same show on Kodi or streamio, however as I said before the IPTV service fixed it by reducing the ratio from 7:20 to 5:40.

Oh, i didn’t realize. That is a sign its the iptv provider when this error comes up on their vod.

1 Like

Thanks! I switched servers and all is well. The app also just updated, so I’m not sure which change did the trick.

2 Likes

The app offered an update which may have fixed it. Also, per other advice, I changed the server in my VPN. Works great now.

1 Like

Excellent. Glad it’s sorted out and working for you.

Your welcome. Thats a not so common error often due to server issues but oddly it can be here one day and gone the next it is also an iptv provider error message also but the easiest way to clear it is try the server swap first. Good day.

1 Like

Glad its working for you now.

2 Likes