Tivimate - Exoplayer vs External (MX?)

This is going to seem a bit nitpicky. Has anyone else had much better IPTV video quality using an external player on Tivimate? For example MX Player. I notice the slight issue most on my Shield Pro, the picture “skips” a bit every several seconds using the internal Exoplayer. When I say skips, it is so slight most people likely wouldn’t notice it, but I can’t unsee it now lol. My two part question is this. Are there better settings or anything I can do in the Tivimate or Shield settings that would eliminate this completely, or has anyone fixed it by using MX Player (which is kind of annoying when you are potentially hopping back and forth channels)?

2 Likes

occasional skipping could be network issue on server side or yours. You might change buffering in tivimate settings and see if that helps.

3 Likes

I currently have the loading setting to Large, and the crazy thing about it is this is on my Shield Pro that is hard wired to the router. I get 250MBPS after connected to Surfshark. Using MX Player appeared to smooth everything out and make it go away. But using external player for your main IPTV box is a bit annoying and wife wouldnt like the extra click lol.

1 Like

hmmm, could be the provider then. I would swap hdmi cables just to check

I’ll fiddle around with it. It isnt the end of the world, my wife doesnt even notice the stuttering issue but I do lol. It just started me wondering if anyone uses MX or another external player on their everyday IPTV. From what I know about MX, the codecs, etc are way more powerul than Exo.

MX is a great player as well as VLC. I always prefer to use built in player if possible mainly because in tivimates case the dev is always updating and streamlining the best he can.

3 Likes

Hey @AMD237 Assuming you’ve fiddled with your video decoder in playback…? I tried the software mode & it didn’t work out well for me…but I believe some have had positive results with it.

Also, on another note…the fan you suggested just came in yesterday…I must say, it sure is designed & built way beyond its $12 price tag…very impressed & happy with it…so :+1: :ok_hand: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I tried Hardware and Software decoder, pretty similar results.

I am now addicted to fans/cooling my boxes lol. Now have one for my Shield Pro, KM6s, Arris Surfboard modem and surround sound receiver. Please nobody tell my wife. :grimacing:

1 Like

Ha ha…for the price of them she’ll be “cool” with it :stuck_out_tongue:

You are right, it could help people with the DVR side of things. I didn’t even think about that with my initial question, it was more based on quality of live tv video.

Lol. I’m no help with your fan addiction, check this out.

You are right, that is not helping my addiction LOL. Especially considering I don’t have cooling on my Max yet… :thinking:

@Miki is trying to keep me in the

:laughing: :rofl: :joy:
Sorry that was mean. All I want to know is::::: are you a fan? :innocent:

Is the cooling working?

It does cool the boxes and components down very nicely! I would post pictures but you guys may turn me into the insane asylum. :crazy_face:

1 Like

If you are watching movies on a iptv service with there vod network, skipping and other things can be related back to them. you are feeding that from their servers and it wouldn’t matter what player.

Also Justplayer is probably my all time fav. Try that. Just player

2 Likes