The very best VPN

I know Troy likes IPVanish, I am getting a VPN but a little confused with the pricing? Do I need to add antivirus like in Surfshark? or get premium
in Nord ? It’s almost 6.00 a month.
Thanks
JH

antivirus with surfshark is an add-on and not in the basic vpn package.

They all do the same thing. Look at what pricing options work for you.

Nord
Surfshark
Ipvanish
Cyberghost
Pia

Those are my recommendations

2 Likes

I just subscribed to SS after two years with IPV. IPV is a few cents cheaper per month but SS has a kill switch on the Firestick that IPV doesn’t. That was my main reason to switch. I am still in the 30 day trial period although I did cancel IPV online already.

I’ve been using NordVPN for a little over 3 years now. I can’t say it’s any better than other services as I’ve only used two. We have a very fast Internet fiber connection so speed has never been a factor. What I did find out recently is that NordVPN uses both IKEv2 and NordLynx VPN protocols that get high marks in the industry. With all that said, I’m very happy with NordVPN.

3 Likes

I was looking for ‘real’ privacy in my email account and came across’ProtonMail’ and VPN services. I don’t like recommending products to other people, but suggest you research How Safe is Proton Mail? Security Features Explained | Proton. I think you’ll like what you find.

1 Like

Proton is ok, but just ok. They have an issue with the interface for the VPN on streaming devices and have for months and still do not have an update. Same for the mail. Yes it’s end to end encrypted and about as secure as any email can be, but for over a month they have had issues after their latest update and still have not fixed it. I get the never ending thankyou for your concern and additional information. We have passed it on to our developement team but unfortunately do not have a time frame for fixing the issues and releasing an update. We apologize for any inconvenience yada yada yada. I made a HUGE mistake and paid for a 2 yr sub as I fully believed their hype. It turns out it was all just lip service and not backed up by actual tangible fixes.

I’ve been using Protonmail for a little over 4 years now and I really like it. But ,keep in mind, full end to end encryption is only accomplished if both parties are using Protonmail.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.