The death of Android TV

Google is becoming to powerful. It has been shown that they have used their censorship powers to interfere with state and national elections. Like Twitter, they need more people to expose all of their hidden agendas and censorship.

You may want to look more closely into the company ethics and forecasts. Supporting Google is like saying you approve of their dirty tricks. They want to become a political power.

2 Likes

Oh I’m not supporting anyone. I’m a FireTV fan actually. I posted this article for an FYI, not to promote anything.

1 Like

Tom’s reviews indicated the google search is poorly formatted and the continue watching feature is buggy. Looking at the homescreen interface, it does not look any better than android tv so what’s the point?

2 Likes

I cannot even use Downloader on my Fire TV Cube. It’s going back to Amazon. What do you guys recommend for another device? Is Nvidia Shield Pro easy to program? Thank You all in advanced for your sage advice.

1 Like

and to think they’ve been at it for 2 yrs. You think they’d have it all working flawlessly by now.

Amazon must have done a forced update yesterday and disable a lot of my apps from working. I spoke to their Tech Support and they told me to do a complete reset, now it will not connect at all. I’m sending it back to Amazon as it’s still under warranty. What other device do you highly recommend Miki? Nvidia Shield Pro, is it the same as the cube as far as set up goes? Thank for your help as I am not computer literate. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Well the Nvidia Shield Pro is far superior to the 4K Max of course but is a different OS. The Cube is on par with the Shield but is FireOS. If you have the money then Nvidia Shield, then the 3rd Gen Cube, then ugoos. Now that’s just my choices. There are many different opinions but all worth listening to imho.

1 Like

If you can, I’d suggest a good quality stock android device from either Ugoos or BuzzTV. (You’ll have to make do with BuzzTV’s interface, which won’t allow you to install any other launchers, but it is still quite good. The Ugoos are truly stock android and very customizable.) Both makers of these devices offer good quality and support. I personally have had the Ugoos AM 6B Plus and the BuzzTV XRS4500 for over 2 years and have had no problems downloading any outside, open sourced apps.

Miki,

Is the Nvidia Shield Pro the same set up as the 3rd Gen Cube? To do the cube, I followed Troy’s instruction plus some of UK Tech Doc. Thank You.

1 Like

Thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate it.

The Shield is AndroidTV. The 3rd Gen Cube is FireTV OS. Different setups.

2 Likes

I thought the Shield’s OS was Android TV?

Oh maybe. My bad. I don’t have one so that’s my mistake. Fixed. Thanks for catching that Elgin.

1 Like

Thanks, Gentlemen.

1 Like

There isn’t all that much difference in setting up a Fire TV OS & an Android TV OS.
That goes from setting one up to installing whatever your go-to apps are going to be.

There will be times where they’ll be a difference in the sources where you can install those apps, but generally you can find what you want even if you can’t access them directly from Amazon’s or Google’s official play stores.

Oh it isn’t the adding of apps that can be difficult, they’re just different stores. It’s the actual method of configuring, layout, and options. They’re different from one to the other.

1 Like

How much different?
I’ve found that there’s a lot common.

1 Like