The "BIG 4" are HYPOCRITES!

ADMINS, I didn’t know what category to post this in since there isn’t one for OTA TV. If you know of a better place, please feel free to move it or let me know where I should put it. THANKS

With that said, I feel that apps like LOCAST should be allowed to operate. The “BIG 4” (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) are FREE over-the-air channels. Why is it OK for TV providers like Comcast, RCN, Verizon, Spectrum, Frontier, COX, and others to charge excessive amounts for their “basic” tiers (same channels as LOCAST)?

LOCAST only charged $5, and at one point, gave away the service to people that were financially challenged. As far as I’m concerned, whatever they do/did with the money is their business. The major cable/satellite companies will NEVER do something like that because to them… IT’S ALL ABOUT THE $$$.

I understand that these companies have overhead and employees and blah, blah, blah but, come on now, there is a big difference between charging what’s fair and RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. For example, all of those BS fees like franchise, sports, cable box rental, remote control rental (seriously???), etc.

The BIG 4 and other networks have the nerve, with a straight face, to wonder why people “illegally” stream and torrent their works. WELL IF THE COMPANIES THAT THEY DISTRIBUTE THEIR WORKS TO WOULD STOP PRICE GOUGING, THEN IT WOULDN’T BE AN ISSUE, NOW WOULD IT???

Hey BIG 4, YOU CAN’T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!! You can’t say it’s illegal to stream and torrent your stuff for free and then allow companies to overcharge, and down right price goug people, especially those that can barely afford it. Make it affordable for everyone so it won’t be an issue.

I wrote the preceeding because of the Troypointinsider.com newsletter that I got in my email this morning. There was a topic about streaming and if it was legal.

Well guess what, in MY opinion, it became legal when the BIG 4 and other NETWORKS became silent about cable and satellite companies charging ridiculous prices for BASIC, OTHERWISE FREE, O-T-A CHANNELS… you know, the exact same ones that LOCAST offered at an affordable price.

I will continue to support people who use torrents and streaming until changes are made :100:

1 Like

You are not alone in the frustration, But its because they want to own everything you see and watch. If they control the market they can control what you pay. It’s even getting to a point where they want control over internet usage. All i can say is hold the line, support vpns and fight back on these people. If there is votes and legislation on any of these matters go vote and read up on it. Talk to your MP or MMP or your countries legal reps. Send out emails and get involved.

Follow troypoints guides to get access to what you need and what you want and you will be fine. :slight_smile: Enjoy!

Actually, I am currently doing research to see if I can file a MASSIVE class action lawsuit against ALL of the aforementioned groups

:roll_eyes::face_with_monocle:

Oops, I meant companies. :wink::face_with_raised_eyebrow::sunglasses:, :laughing:

@Mr20878

Thats, good. Hopefully you succeed.

@Mr20878 Now you’re in my zone of thought. Hollywood is using the courts and Judges appointed for life to decide these issues. The courts will decide. The US Senate is where legislation goes to die and thus worthless. Legislators don’t consider bills that might upset voters. They use the courts. It’s more than the Big 4, many/most broadcasters sell ads. If I have to pay, why do I see ads? Broadcasters are not subscription services ala. Hulu. Class action is certainly the key, but that takes money. Hollywood has plenty of money. It would be nice if legislation could advance so our votes meant something, but my fear is some life appointed Federal judge will decide for all of us. Judicial Activism can only be fought in court. Legislation can’t pass The Grim Reaper!

2 Likes

@BigDave

Big elite lobbyist pay those judges. I have said this… Supreme courts have been paid off each time if some rich elite or big tech wants something. It’s how laws get bent for these people and the little guys get owned.

@TP-Dracoo Yes, you have said this. You continue to believe only the worst of us Americans. Millions are spent by lobbyists to search for Judicial candidates who agree with their views and then millions more are political contributions to Senators to gain votes. Paying Supreme Court Judges? Believe any fantasy you choose, but I know America is better than that!

2 Likes

@BigDave

Its not, you need to do more research. I refuse to do this on here with you.

The bottom line is these companies get away with it becuase they pay people off. Its no big secert. I wont argue you about it with you.

I may close this topic it just fuels the fire. Lets keep troy points original topic on this and we can go from there.

2 Likes