T-Mobile internet

T-Mobile home internet is not compatible with the Surfshark because the IPV6 cannot be turned off. Surfshark slows down the speed tremendously when using a fire stick that has been jail broke.

Does not matter what VPN you use, you will get slowdowns. This can be discussed and search for anywhere here. As long as you have above 35 up speed and 10 down you will be fine to stream.

2 Likes

ipv6 is in-secure compared to v4. Most(not all) vpn’s will disable v6

I have T-Mobile internet and Surfshark and no problem getting 40-50 mps depending on the location.

I disagree totally, T-Mobile has served me almost flawless since i’ve had it, with VPN running i get top speeds up and down :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Personally I think the tech response from surfshark sounds like a low level tech spouting crib note talking points…or lets say fresh out of school :crazy_face:

1 Like

LOL…why are you using IPV6?..it’s VERY un secure for starters and all VPN’S block it. These are my speeds for IPV4 using TMobile home internet behind Proton VPN…they are constant…even during the 4-8 PM evening hours.
Tmob

1 Like

Same here, had it for three years.

1 Like

Two things:
I had T-Mobile’s 5G for a short period of time. At my locale in a small city with some terrain issues, it proved to be extremely unreliable despite all the reassurances that I received regarding “working on it”. I imagine that in an area where T-Mobile actually is expanding their capabilities, that it’d be a great alternative to cable ISPs.

Second, this deal with “VPNs always slows speeds” isn’t exactly true. My two gotos are IPV and the free ProtonVPN. With IPV the speeds are almost always much slower, sometimes too slow, regardless of protocol. The split tunneling feature is a great feature, though.

With the free ProtonVPN, the speeds usually match the speed of my cable ISP, especially if I connect to a Dutch connection.

3 Likes