Surfshark VPN Review

Great SurfShark review. Very disappointing that it doesn’t seamlessly support Real-debird. Has that changed since the review was published? Thansk.

Well, my price won’t change until mid 2025. By then i won’t remember what i paid! Lol

2 Likes

Hi, as an existing customer, how do I get the 85% off + 2 months free? My current subscription expires January 2023. Thanks.

Have you tried RD with shark? Ive never had any issues but Troy and others say they do…

Not yet. Still loading up the new nVidia. Presently I am working on a home screen for Wolf? I still have about 20 30 more m3u and epg urls to load.

I had to re-up my RD sub today and to do that I had to kill the vpn on my pc to pay. But RD on my box is working fine with vpn.

My RD renewal last month required me to shut off my VPN to pay. Once I paid I restarted my VPN. I always have it running with RD and never have an issue.

1 Like

It would appear that SS is not compatible with Unlinked. Not good. Hopefully it’s something I’m not doing correctly.

Not working with Cinema as well

been using the shark for years and mine works with everything you mentioned. Check your setup again.

1 Like

Figured it out. Had to change protocol from automatic to open

1 Like

I have been using Surfshark for over a month. I have an Android Box and it works great with it. I was having log-in issues with IP Vanish, but not with Surfshark. Also works great on my Firesticks.

Thanks,
Troy!

2 Likes

Still use a Blackberry. The Key2 is a sound mobile and the privacy and security is second to none. Certainly a sound, solid phone and a very able android touchscreen and querty keypad. Replaced the battery recently and it’s as good as new for a 4 year old phone.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Ip vanish issues

Signed up yesterday, Tonight will be a very good test for the Geo locating which is important for me on mlb.tv. IP vanish has Struggled at times this year, Especially when MLB updates their app, will be interesting to see how Surfshark Does with tonight’s games. At worse I have a months trial, And if it doesn’t work out I still have my IP vanish

1 Like

Please keep us updated. I would like to know how well it worked for you.

Everything worked great with the geo blocking, I live in Ct, So both New York teams and Boston are blacked out, I had the VPN set to Puerto Rico, Was able to view all three games. The last two years IPVanish has struggled with geo blocking, Very hit or miss. I signed up for the 27 months of Surfshark and I believe I will not cancel the subscription based on what I have done so far, I have four months left of IPVanish I don’t think I’ll be using it.

3 Likes

After my first few days with SS I’m quite pleased, especially as I took the extra year offered for $27. So now I have 39 months for just under $88/U.S. and that’s less than I spend on a meal out for the wife in one night. Awesome. I still have ProtonVPN for another year and a half, but doubt I’ll use it again unless they decide to change their attitude regarding streaming devices.

I have about 3 months left of ExpressVPN. I have changed to SS on all of my main boxes, if it stands up to the test of time and i’m still impressed after these next few months, I’m going to part ways with Express and stick with Surfshark.

2 Likes

I’ve done the same with ProtonVPN, although I still have 1-1/2 yrs left. I got sucked into their hype about privacy before I fully understood their app and realized it was almost useless on streaming devices as you cannot access the full suite of option settings, only things like country and location. A rookie mistake.

1 Like