SURFSHARK users

Hello. SURFSHARK has always worked well despite being on IPTV’rotten’list throughout internet…
Today I noticed that RD now, out of the blue …lists SS as incompatible.
Anyone else notice this or have more information?
Until I get clarity I’ve shut off auto renew.

Thx:)

1 Like

I use RD and surfshark and it shows me as white listed. You might just need to change servers.
Real-Debrid: All-in-one solution

edit. I also use 1.1.1.1 which is cloudfare(speed)

2 Likes

@ztrb

Other users use surfshark just fine, the list shows which vpns have issues and ones that don’t. Surfshark is on that list probably due to high compatibility issues.

Do what was mentioned above and try changing your vpns ip.

2 Likes

Do you use the cloudfare app right on your device would i install it on my firestick, please??

1 Like

Cloudfare is used by many vpn providers. I have it also through my router(asus).

1.1.1.1 — the Internet’s Fastest, Privacy-First DNS Resolver
https://1.1.1.1/dns/

Lol. A few months ago I posted instructions on how to do this manually on a firestick as a means of improving speeds and cutting down on buffering for the Firestick 4K. Unfortunately it disappeared and the instructions were removed. So I went to your link but info is sparse. Is this simply an app I can install on my android device and it modifies my network settings? Tx.

1 Like

Best to read here>> https://1.1.1.1/dns/#explanation

1 Like

Oh I know all about dns. As I mentioned I’ve changed my dns to cloudflare on my firestick manually. I was just wondering if this is an app I can install on my Firestick that will automatically change my DNS settings in “network” on my stick. I had to copy this and change that, forget network etc. etc. This would be way easier for the tech challenged if just an app.

Try This Free Fire TV Stick Hack for Faster Streaming - Web Safety Tips.
This is what I did. As you can see a tad more “involved”

1 Like

I have that 8.8.8.8 on my router also. This Warp thing is new to me as well, looks interesting tho.

1 Like

Hi:)

I’ve , SO FAR, had good service with SS. What bothers me is that they were not blacklisted by RD until very recently…

Def got me thinking as to why the change…???

Thx

1 Like

@ztrb

I just wanted to add that real debrid has server sided https encryption, so you won’t get any issues if you didn’t use a vpn, but it’s always recommended to use one regardless.

I’m sorry you’re having issues with rd and Surfshark, I see they added it but others still seem to use it without issues. Hard to determine how to help you. Have you don’t the above steps? It may have been do to the vpn blocking real.debrid flagging under false pretenses… so rd added to there list.

1 Like

I generally switch between 5 servers and I have noticed that location is not a big issue. My closest server is down on my fav list. I find the servers in LA, Dallas, Tampa and NY are the fastest(for me)

3 Likes

Dallas is my main hub and in Express I use Dallas2. It’s not only my closest but seems to be my fastest and oddly enough Toronto Canada is sometimes even faster. Found that out as I often use it to bypass geo-block for getting the news where I use to live.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information:)

3 Likes