Surfshark causing IPTV issues?

The identical issues I had, that were the same as yours, had nothing to do with Smart Tube or any tube. I never install apps like that and you tube is disabled on all my devices. My research seems to point to a server issue but that’s just a guess based upon elimination. Afraid we may never know definitively.

Could be? SS would not connect using Auto setting which usually means Wireguard. I would change protocols and one would work randomly. Then I could go back to Auto, and it would still work. I even one time changed from Auto which was using Wireguard and switched to manual Wireguard and it worked. I tried changing servers but that didn’t seem to have an affect, but I only tried a few.

What’s wierd is it only affected :owl: and one of the China ones :genie:, but not both of the China ones. All the others worked as normal. That’s why I said I don’t believe it is a iptv issue.

I’m soooo confused! lol

1 Like

So are we PF. This happened on my shield and on a MeCool and Firesticks. One iptv supplier would work, another wouldn’t. Even uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing. Using a backup, same thing. Switching von servers, nothing. Deleting playlist and reinstall, same thing. Like you, there fidn’t seem to be a “do this” solution. Then suddenly poof, fixed. Gremlins I tell ya, gremlins.

1 Like

1 Like

The only way I believe it could be on the provider ends (again, this was happening with three different providers) is that they are more popular services.

I am trying a smaller provider and so far, so good. I was able to watch my whole NHL playoff game with no stuttering.

Thank you for the Discord invite, @Powerfader

I don’t use anything outside of Kodi, MOL3 and sometimes Syncler, so no new apps. SS just had an update 3 or 4 days ago, so I’ll see if something changed in the settings, too.

I usually can resolve any vpn issues by changing dns settings. That said it’s much easier to do that with a web ui on a router. I often will use quad-9 or even google or cloudfare dns to resolve issues. More difficult task using an app however but possible with research and maybe too much trouble for most. But if you use a vpn on a router its worth looking at. :face_with_monocle: :+1:

2 Likes

I’m a big advocate of turning protocol to Wireguard only, not Automatic. Works better for me.

3 Likes

I would LOVE to be able to access my router UI, but Starlink doesn’t have that with their routers. I’m close to deciding on whether or not I want to put in another router behind the Starlink one so I can have that access and run the VPN from the router.

@AMD237 I’m planning on checking that this afternoon, especially since I’m setting up another box.

1 Like

Certain locations won’t work with some of my services, chicago doesnt want to work for 2 of them but buffalo works for all 3. I did notice miami wasn’t hiding my location… it would still show me in chambersburg on dnsleaktest.com. i used to like miami but now i mostly use Charlotte or buffalo and they seem to work. Just my 2 sense.

I use Charolotte religiously because it is one of the closets to me.

Also, consider changing protocols.

I have issues with New York with one of my IPTV services. So weird why that happens, i’d love to find a reason at some point.

I have three services buffering quite a bit as well lately and one service not working at all with ss on. I did not think of turning off the vpn until reading this post but its been out all day. Glad i read this and now thinking of trying another vpn service.

1 Like

I have Surfshark and Windscribe using multiple IPTV services similar to you.

The problem is that the VPN IP address has been blacklisted by your service.
Changing VPN servers will help, but it’s tedious to keep switching till you find a server whose IP has not been blocked.

This occurs using both of my VPNs.

2 Likes

What a PITA with surfshark. Turned off and streaming works. Turned on and everything is stalling and buffering on TIVIMATE. Think surfshark needs at least 25 Mbps to work at all.

4 Likes

I’m about done messing with SS, also. Too many issues of late and becoming waaaay too much of a hassle. I just want to watch some TV and be protected.

I have been messing with issues regarding SS for the last several day and am fed up wasting hours of time Even though my sub doesn’t expire until 2025. I am seriously considering dumping SS and get another VPN.

2 Likes

I’m definitely not ready to give up on SS. I’ve had some frustration with it too, but I honestly think it has stemmed from the last update. If you can afford to have two VPN simultaneously, that wouldn’t be a terrible plan in case a bad update happens, but I think they will get this figured out. I’m looking forward to their next update to see what they have fixed, I’m sure they are getting complaints.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to give mullvad a test spin :face_with_monocle:

That’s whom I am going to look at when I get back from the dentist. SS is dropping the ball lately and really don’t have the patience to deal with a VPN service.

1 Like

I added the surfshark chicago server about an hour ago and its bumping 600 dl. I will see how long that last before I jump. I did check mullvad this am.

1 Like

Having the same issues. I’m back to using IPVanish for now. They been having some issues too, but , at least when it works it works.

3 Likes