Surf Shark Issue

Had an issue with SS showing my device as connected to VPN when in fact it was not.

I use Analiti just to check my speeds, usually just out of curiosity. Today I also used the VPN Check in the Analiti app. It was showing my actual ISP IP, and said device was not connected to a VPN, and last time device was used it was also not connected to a VPN. SS indicated I was connected to a US based VPN, but Analiti Check showed I was connected to my Canadian ISP. Checked my other 3 devices they all were working normal.

I re-booted device, router, force stopped SS app, nothing changed. I had to uninstall SS & reinstall before it would show in the Analiti VPN check that I was indeed connected to a VPN.

Just wanted to give a heads up, just because the SS app says everything is working, it may not be working and you should have another source to check your VPN status. In my case Analiti VPN check.

1 Like

I can confirm your findings. I am in the US and I had some issues with SS today and connections to a new Shield I was setting up. It seemed to get better late afternoon. I think they all have issues once in a while, just the nature of the beast.