Sub to IPVanish is expiring. Change to Surfshark?

what does the kill switch do?

If the VPN disconnects, the kill switch engages and drops the internet connection. It is designed so that you do not unknowingly access content through an unprotected (non-vpn) internet.

1 Like

SS didn’t work well for some people.Got this working after.

This is true, but has nothing to do with the quality of Surfshark, IPV, Express or any of the big name VPNs. The performance is correlated to each individual unique setup, location and network. The gamechanger for me on SS was their features, but also the fact that they have a Detroit server location that IPV doesn’t have. For some reason, it runs super fast for me through WireGuard. It is funny how small details like that can make or break the testing of these VPNs to get a good or bad review. These should be judged on a long term basis with full testing of the variables in each.

2 Likes

I tried SS for 3 weeks, every few days it would stop connection when using wireguard protocol ,
every time I contacted customer support their advice was to uninstall and reinstall SS, I didn’t like to do that every few days ,I got IPVanish has been 3 weeks no issues whatsoever and speed is as fast as SS

1 Like

Dittos from here, @AMD237 !!! In fact, I’ve been using that server, and most of the time I get an increase in speeds…had cyberghost for 3yrs before, and never had an issue, but when it was time to renew I took a trial of SS for a mth, and after 1 week took advantage of a 3yr deal (offered at that time)…

1 Like

I had IP Vanish and have Surf Shark now and it’s much better.

1 Like

I have been with ipvanish for The last 5 years and I’ve been very happy with them. Then, I checked out surfshark. I’m planning on just checking it out and seeing how I like it compared to ipvanish. Surfshark has so many other options than ipvanish does. I tested both of them speedwise, and today I ended up actually buying 24 months and getting 2 months free. It’s actually the first time I’ve bought a subscription for longer than a month at a time. If I change my mind I still have 30 days. Nothing to lose. It comes out to a little over $2 a month. I really don’t think they’re going anywhere because they do a lot more things than other vpn’s do. I’m very happy with surfshark. I also love the option where surfshark blocks ads and pops ups of all kinds. If you download the newest BeeTV for instance, and it just happens to be one with ads which are annoying, it just blocks it no more ads! That alone is worth it to me.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if it’s Troy point or not. If you just download surfshark from their website, they offer the same discount there. Exactly the same no difference. I went crazy trying to compare the two and it was a waste of time because there’s no difference LOL

1 Like

You do get an extra free month using Troypoint, or I did at least. Oh and one more thing. Buying from Troypoint helps to support the site and give us all added benefits apart from the VPN.

Did you use coupon code troypointspecial to get the extra free month compliments of Troy? I thought it was time sensitive, but still seems to work…
Surfshark Earns #1 VPN Ranking by TROYPOINT

I used to have ipvanish. Didn’t like the speed. So when my time was up I switched to NordVPN. I only have about 4 months left on my three year subscription to NordVPN and I switched to Surfshark. Faster speeds, faster customer service. They don’t have quite as many server# as Nord but most of those were foreign vpn servers. One word of caution. Surfshark is owned by the same folks as NordVPN. Consequently they use the same or similar servers. I can not stream IPTV on the Atlanta servers. I could not when I had Nord and I still can’t with Surfshark. Works fine with my computer in The Atlanta server but not iptv streaming. Other than that Surfshark is much better

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Surfshark is nothing but very slow with two streaming services. I also have IPV and this VPN works great with very little slowing down, the blue circle going around and around like with SurfShark. Tried numerous cities with no success. Deleting and cancelling the service, as it is not worth it.

What two streaming services? Also, Surfshark and IPV are both great VPNs. Did you try switching protocols, bypassing verified apps, etc etc.

2 Likes

Both are good. I used IPV in the past and was happy with it. I changed to SS only because they ran a great deal. I’m also, quite happy with SS. My sub with SS doesn’t expire until sometime in 2025. After that, may try another.

Bottomline, use whichever one suits your needs and checks off the most boxes for your needs.

I’ve been an ipv sub for several years. I’ve been a shark sub since Troy pitched it last year. As attested, both are really good VPN services. I use shark more at the moment as it plays nice with Netflix without bypass. Speeds are good for both, though shark is marginally faster in similar city servers, with fever disconnects.

Though I’m not sure if ipv still offers price locked automatic renewals, my current sub with them continues to renew at my original promo price (around $56/24 months).

I haven’t looked into what happens with Shark sub after initial Troy promo ends. I’m guessing it defaults to regular going rate unless you qualify to sign up for a other discounted promo.

I liked the kill switch feature of shark, though I think ipv offers a similar feature with it’s latest update now.

Ipv dropped a few US cities that I wasn’t happy to see.

Ipv is based in Dallas, TX.

Shark is based in Amsterdam, Netherlands (as is startmail). This could explain shark’s more security-centric features.

Is there a way to eliminate a city in SS. It always wants to open on a city that doesn’t work with iptv.