Sub to IPVanish is expiring. Change to Surfshark?

My subscription to ip vanish is expiring so I’m wondering if some of you folks that have changed to surfshark are happy. I haven’t had any trouble with Vanish so I’m a little reluctant to change.

4 Likes

SS has a kill switch, you can get 3 yrs dirt cheap, and you can use it on unlimited devices without extra charge. Lots of features, good customer service, constantly evolving. If IPVanish can do the same for you, then stick with them. If you want to give SS a go, they have a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee. It’s entirely up to you. Both are good but Troy rated SS #1 for a reason.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

8 Likes

Luckily for me, I get blazing speeds from Surfshark at my house. It may not be the same for you, maybe IPVanish or Express has better speeds. As @Miki said, they pretty much all have trial periods so that you can give them a shot and compare without much risk.

(Or stick with what has worked…nothing wrong with that!)

4 Likes

Or…you can tell IPVanish that you’re considering an excellent Surfshark subscription price & see what kind of a deal they give you to re-up… :thinking: :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

I actually opened a live chat with IP Vanish a couple weeks ago to do just that. I asked them if they could help me out with a better price. They gave me my re-up year for 44.99 and also gave me a 3-year free subscription for Vipre Advanced Security. I don’t know a lot about virus protection other than the usual Norton and McAfee. But it seems to work fairly well and is free. Like most of the others said, stick with what works for you.

3 Likes

We still have 1yr3mo left on a2 year sub for IPVanish but got it for less than the price for 1 and the SS deal was too good to pass up for 3yr plus 3moa couple weeks ago. Our speeds on a X88pro 10 have doubled and the issues of Kodi streams freezing on multiple add ons have dropped to virtually nil. We feel making the move was worth it even with the year still left on the sub. We had no issues with ipV and always had decent speeds but there are some other features SS offers that ipV doesn’t have really win is over to.

Matt

4 Likes

If you are happy with IPvanish stay with them. I used IpVanish and had lots of speed problems went to NordVpn and had better but still not what I considered great. Went with SurfShark and as of today have had the best experience. But that is with my network (EERO 6 PRO) my isp (Spectrum 500 mb speed) and all my devices ( heavy with smart devices)

Sal

3 Likes

Can you share that deal?Thanks.

2 Likes

I tried Surfshark for the full 30 days before canceling. I tried changing DNS as instructed but I had to keep changing servers and protocols to keep speed in acceptable range. Customer service was good but I went back to Ipvanish , had them for 3 years with very reliable service.

1 Like

Use the one on the site then when signing up for a 2 yr deal you will get a 2 to 3 months free then a new screen will pop-up asking if you’d like to extend that for another year. All done through Troy’s link.

1 Like

In addition to what @Miki said, I much prefer the interface of SS. As soon as I get buffering, I look at the cities where the servers are located and the degree to which the circle is empty or full (a circle beside each city). I switch to an almost empty circle, which indicates little traffic (compared to a filled circle) and my buffering is gone. I had some issues early on and via email SS staff stuck with me until fixed. They are really helpful. As an IT challenged person, I was never able to fully maximize what IPV could offer, and until SS took off, they were unreasonable in their prices. Switching was the smartest thing I did for our household.

4 Likes

This is same link that Surfsharkl banners on this site provide.

When you purchase through this link you are also supporting TROYPOINT.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Hey dena…did you know you can “favorite” a bunch of cities & it will list them in order of least amount of traffic to highest. I have 1/2 dozen favs & I will occasionally open the app & see where my connected city is compared to the traffic list. Pretty cool stuff :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I did @pangaeatech. It is such a big help!

2 Likes

I did the switch and have had no problems at all.
Great deal with the 27 month sub versus IPV.
They have good support also which is a bonus.

I can’t turn the kill switch on. It is grayed out for some reason

1 Like

Sorry I can’t help. I no longer use SS. so can’t test it to find out why.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me when I started SS. I thought it was my provider’s end and the service was terrible. After troubleshooting with them for a couple hours, I realized what was going on…I switched to a server with 1/4 full and yep…problem solved

1 Like

So how do I get the extra troypoint discount. Surfshark website wants to charge me 2.49 a month.