Streaming Device Purchasing Advice

My 4 yr old android box is a definate HACK POINT on entire network. Found and for the second time THEY HACKED MY TROYPOINT. The week before it was DEF SQUID. So I have come up with NEW FIRE CUBE released on Oct 25. I am not a gamer. Looking for speed NO BUFFERING. Like Kodi Weyd Syncler using VPN and Real Debrid. I have an echo speaker so it links. The alternative is Nvidea Shield pro as I want PORTS. The showstopper is Nvidea is now 3 or years old. Want to stop breaches. With the Echo playing music it overheats which is a fear the cube will do and that causes a party of problems. The for the cube with the bells and whistles same as 2019 Nvidea. So want to purchase with future in mind. Future updates but those that do not lock me out of my chosen streaming apps. Is the plex server a deal breaker in the Nvidea? Do I need it for the apps mentioned above? And tivimate clueless about, just understand I have to instal downloader and TROYPOINT

Opps the price of new cube same as old nvidea

You need to find these breachs and stop them buying a new devixe wont solve it. Sounds like someone has embedded them selfs into your network.

Disable all your internet, clean up every unit uninstall reinstall plus format. Once you have done that change passwords and call your isp and ask for a ip change

1 Like

Yes did find it THE OLD ANDROID with no updates. And this is for sure. I have done all that except the iphone which yes might do full reset on it.

So choice of two devices?

1 Like

In my opinion the Nvidia shield and UT8 ugoos are your 2 best bets . I have both and have no problems with breach’s and using apps mentioned as long as price is not a option I would go with one of them. Hope this helps :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree and would like to add the mecool KM6 to the collection. It is one of my personal fav pure streamers.

1 Like

Thanks I have an old device using ROCKCHIP and patch updates stopped so I am nervous with any generic. So your in the Nvidea camp. It would have been my choice if more recent model than 2019

1 Like

Looking it up. Not Deluxe?

Shield Pro, still the best.

2 Likes

yep I have the km6 delux, I think that just means more storage? not a big issue. Yes my #1 box is the shield, just cant beat it no matter how you stack it up. Km6 is more of a no frills powerhouse with no where the customization of the shield but gets the job done.

1 Like

Want more than a quad core. Octa is what the new cube has which competes with the processing in Nvidea

behond quad unless you are a gamer most likely will notice nothing, just overkill

2 Likes

Is the new cube ethernet equiped?

Nvidea started not supporting update of the 2015 after the release of I think the 2019 so I was on logic one they might come out with new model next year and that would be better than the 2019 as they need to fix some hardware things like newer hdmi coming that software does not fix.

Yes and has in hdmi out hdmi as well as newest bluetooth pairing for security and USB

The new cube has an ethernet port.

2 Likes

Noticed that on many devices but the computing speed is why they add core like the tegra x chip in Nvidea why it is flawless in playback

10/100/1000? or 10/100

So what’s your choice get new cube now and wait for whenever a new nvidea hits