Storage space on Firecube 3rd gen

Last night I started to get the message that my Firecube was critically low on memory/storage and that I had to delete some apps. Before this, I had better than 8 gb free. The only thing I can think of is I started using Tivimate and recorded some TV shows and am wondering if that was the culprit. Also, I was running 2 builds in the new Diggz Planet. Any ideas welcomed!

You used up 16GB of internal memory already? Wow. So I recommend, if you are going to continue to record, that you do so, to a large external drive that you add to the cube. Vids can be very large depending on a lot of factors.

Yes, unfortunately. So would you say the culprit was my recorded shows (5 half hour shows)and did running 2 builds on Kodi have anything to do with it too?

Thanks

I would say it’s more likely your half hour shows. You should be able to see the recording folder and it’s size. Using ip 16 GB that quickly is odd, well odd to me as I never record anything and have a 16GB external USB attached to my Max but it’s only for apps, and it’s barely used with about 12capps on it.

My storage says there is a little of 12 gb available and right now after I did a reset, I’m only using a little over 3gb. I changed my recordings to a USB drive so hopefully that won’t happen again. I think I will try and load the 2nd build on Kodi…hopefully that won’t mess with it too bad.

Thanks for the advice.

With 16GB storage you should be able to install 2 full builds if you like. But I’m in no way a Kodi expert. I never use it. So you’ll have to see how big each individual build is and decide for yourself. Now I would install and use Background Apps And Process List, along with Fast Task Killer, and use them before each recording just to freshen things up for smooth play. Now don’t forget, 3rd Gen Cube can read and access NTFS so I would format say a 1TB drive or get a 500GB ssd for all your needs. Sounds like you’re getting a nice setup. Takes a bit of time to optimize it for your needs.

Ok, I will download those apps. I think for what ever reason the Firecube was a little crazy last night because it said I had 1.6 gb of data in Kodi for the 2 builds but when I look at that exact setup on my PC, it says it is only 140mb? Anyway, thank you very much for the suggestions, it is much appreciated.

If I can be so bold, when I had Kodi, my favourite was the Grindhouse build. A very well maintained private build that worked flawlessly on my Max, and we know how bad storage is on the Sticks.

I’ll take a look at it, thanks for the tip. Good time to use the fork for Kodi 20!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.