Firestick External Storage with USB Drive

I’ve followed all of Troy’s instructions for downloading Netflix onto my flashdrive. I am clicking the Netflix install under Downloads in X-Plore, but it still tries to download it to the internal storage and I get the message that there isn’t enough room. From what was said in the instructions, all apps from “Downloads” should automatically go to the flash drive. Why isn’t that the case for me? Anyone know what I need to do? Thanks!!

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

1 Like

Did you put your device in developer mode, set your USB device to be used as expanded app storage ? You shouldn’t need to use file explorer. Also, if you’ve set the USB device for app storage you can go into your devices settings , app , then go to Amy apps that you want to move to USB and click on storage . A menu will come up giving you the option of moving that app to USB storage. Good luck :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

1 Like

Some apps will automatically go to your main device. You don’t specify what that device is so lets assume it’s a 4K Max. A usb drive, formatted for internal storage and attached via an OTG cable or Hub, will allow for 3rd party apps to be stored on it if the developer has put the coding in to allow it. If it can be placed on the drive then it usually does so automatically, if not then going into “manage installed apps” you can click on your app, and if moveable, that option will be in the list to do so.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

After random use of the USB on a Firestick just have to conclude it’s a blind alley bad path to take.

Random disconnections occur. Software fights other software for it’s use. Different OS versions have different commands. Just have to advise to never use it.

----- may need to rethink this note. Stupid Firestick does work some times.

1 Like

Try deleting Netflix and try downloading it from Aptoide app store and it should be able to download to external storage this is what I did to get apps that were in the Amazon store to go to external storage.

1 Like

Want to share testing for external storage.

1. record any over two hours movie.
  2. try playing back the TS file with MXPLAYER (because it can fast forward and rewind while playing)
  3. fast forward to the end of the movie to see the credits.

Did it work ? Try again maybe for five movies.

If your storage has a messed up file in any way you will have issues. If it works fine, then god bless you found the holy Grail. Have only seen this work on network storage with SMB2 resulting TS file that is 3gb large.