Stick storage issues

I have a 4K Fstick with a 256G thumbdrive attached where I put 3rd party apps. Despite having ONLY amazon apps on the internal drive on the FS I constantly get mssgs saying “not enough storage available” even trying to update apps on the internal . I have found NO way to dispose of or move the useless amazon apps that I never use (pretty much all of them). I have cleared cache and data where I can. Is there ANY way to get rid of the preloaded Amazon garbage ?.. thanks

2 Likes

If you use the search function, you will see that this has been discussed many times. Pre-installed Amazon FireTV apps that come preloaded on the Amazon device cannot be removed. Amazon made them protected modules.

1 Like

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

1 Like

debloat app stops a lot of pre loaded apps running

thank you but do they free up space ?

1 Like

On what devices? All preloaded Amazon apps are now protected modules and on the 4k Max, as an example, cannot be disabled, or removed. They can only be returned to factory setup using say ES File Explorer.

2 Likes

stops apps running in background witch uses space on stick

1 Like

yes… mine is as you describe . A 4K firestick. I am aware that there is no way of deleting the pre installed apps thru the built in application manager but was hoping there might be a work around as other than Prime the is nothing I want that they included.

As I stated. You cannot remove them. Amazon made them “protected” modules a few months back with an update.

1 Like

i use the deboat app from tech doctor works fine

It no longer disables things like Amazon kids, Amazon shopping, ad nauseum. It use to, but updates have changed that.

How many gigabytes of memory do you have left in your fire stick.?

1 Like

gigabytes? I wish :smile: 475mb. And all of that is amazon stuff…

just checked in installed applcations only amazon kids and amazon music not blocked rest are not there

They will all come back once it updates. I’m not trying to mislead you at all. Amazon apps are now “protected” modules and cannot be removed.

2 Likes

updated stick yesterday still ok

1,2 gb space left on stick

What version of FireTV do you have now?
and 1.2 GB of space is enough to run everything on the 4K Max.

4k stick i dont have any probs running apps ie movies sports kodi etc all ok

And you shouldn’t have any problems.

1 Like