Split Tunnaling is not working

I went to my IPvanish app, and chosed settings ; and clicked on Split Tunnaling and choosed Peacock and Prime Video inoder to run both with out having to turn off my VPN . But I still get a error message that I have a VPN running; that I have to turn it off to run the apps. What is the purpose of the Split Tunnaling ?.
And now I must put up with adds on the Prime Video channel even thou it is a paid subscribed channel. The reason I was paying the subscription was so I didn’t have to put up with the adds. But now that is not the case .

@bigpee

Have you need through this guide:

Basically split tunneling to the app you want to not use a vpn should work, I have used it without issue.

The only thing I can think of is if the apk actually detects vpn on regardless of split tunneling.

2 Likes

I tried step by step the instructions for the split tunnaling and I still come up with the same error message, that I must turn off the VPN.

I use split tunneling and have no issues. Make sure you are checking all the apps that affect Amazon Prime video, I forget but there are 2 or 3 to make it work right. I’ll check later when I get home.

These are the instructions. You will see the stuff you need to add to the bypass list, including one you may have missed the player. Hope this helps. Have a Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Sometimes an ip will register as a “vpn” even when its not and vice versa. Logs are generated and it can get confusing. To make a long story short. Open a browser and check your ip while vpn is off. If it shows your ip and not the vpn’s contact the service such as amazon tech support and explain to correct the issue. Often ip’s are blocked in blocks and mistakes can happen. On the server side if a malicious ip is blocked its often done in blocks to ensure the “bad guy” doesnt re-appear a few digits over. FYI

If you are using a firestick you have to check prime video and amazon player. I guess it would be the same with any box. I am not sure abounbc

I am not sure about peacock. It would work with the player checked or not checked. Have you tried deleting it and reinstall but I use to have the same issue with Prime.

I had checked " Prime Video , Peacock , and also Netflix" even thou I didnt have a problem with it. After reading the last post instructing me to include " Fire TV Player " to be checked along with Prime Video ; finally my IPVanish worked with out having to turn it off for Prime and Peacock TV. on my Cube. But I had to uninstall and reinstall Peacock on my 2020 version Fire Stick inorder to get them working. But my Prime Video wouldn’t work . I had two Prime Video tiles but only one would work . I couldn’t uninstall one with out affecting the other , so I created another folder " Unreliable " with my Wolf launcher and put the one that wouldn’t work in it and now all is well.
Thanks for all the comments.

3 Likes

Nice going bigpee. Merry Christmas.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

@bigpee

I’m happy it’s working for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like