SmartMail Review

When I read the SmartMail Review, I was fascinated by what I read and checked out their site. I currently have a paid for private domail which gives me most of the same advantages as StartMail. There is not unlimited aliases, but I can create unlimited user accounts at not additional cost and always delete them when I no longer want to use them. The cost is the same as the StartMail custom domain, which is a service that StartMail provides. It appears that my current carrier gives me the same protection, so I decided to stay with my current email. However, I still think SmartMail is a great service and beats the free email accounts. Thanks for providing a great review.

My wife and I use Gmail. Which one would be better for us so we don’t have to pay for a second subscription? Thank you for any help.

@tghopkins Try ProtonMail. I use them.

The storage is limited to 1gb. But that is plenty for a secondary anonymous account for me.

I notice that they are now offering a simple link for all gmails to transfer to the protonmail account.

On the face of it, it sounds great. But, then i start to wonder if that is a marketing tool, to use up your 1gb free storage, and then inform you that your storage is full and you need to subscribe a fee to continue using it.

So, i will not be taking up their offer.

Hope that helps.

I’ve had a free Protonmail account for a couple of years. Works like a charm and I love the end to end encryption. Absolutely zero complaints.

1 Like

Thank you, I will check it out and let you know.

Free only has 500 MB as pricing goes mail-plus does not look too bad. Question; looks like all email addresses come to the same inbox and I could not find out if each address can have its own inbox because I need to keep incoming emails separate. (my wife’s email needs its own inbox) if not then I am back to same problem. (2 accounts)

• 15 GB total storage

• 10 email addresses

• Unlimited messages

• Support for 1 custom email domain

• 20 Calendars

1 Like

What free only has 500mb? Not Proton. Unless that’s something new I’ve had mine for a couple of years, free one that is, no limit on mine. ttfn.

Sorry, 500 MB was wrong :smiling_face_with_tear:

Proton Free

• Up to 1 GB total storage

• 1 free email address

• 150 messages per day

• 3 Calendars

• Sync across devices

• Encrypted file sharing

Get Mail Plus
Discover features

• 15 GB total storage

• 10 email addresses

• Unlimited messages

• Support for 1 custom email domain

• 20 Calendars

• Calendar sharing

• Sync across devices

• Encrypted file sharing

Been using that for some time now and works great. I just started using Skiff Mail not too long ago as well and I do like that as well

Oh I’ve never heard of Skiff Mail. I’ll have to take a peak.

Does proton allow you have an inbox for each email address?

I can’t honestly say as I’ve not had the need for this. Proton customer service is good at answering questions like this. It’s their service and they know all about it. Ask them and you’ll get the info you need.

Thank you for all your advice and Please have a Blessed Mother’s Day. I will let you know when I decide, have a Blessed day.

1 Like

Is smart mail the 1 that troy referred to ? I know this was from may but I’m really trying to get updated feedback on this service. I have protonmail, but really like the alias features w/this service and am getting so tired of google selling my browsing history to first buyer !!! Just weary after reading some negative recent comments. any advice ???

How to create and use an additional address (alias) | Proton.