Seren version update

Has anyone done the version update for seren. I updated two days ago and now the start engine freezes, but after about 15 seconds will scrape. Somebody else mentioned today. So to cure this do I need to re install seren?? Any ideas?

1 Like

Hi @T83
Yes, try to uninstall and reinstall Seren

3 Likes

I knew somebody would say that, will I need to download scraper package again

@T83
Yes,
http://bit.ly/a4kScrapers

3 Likes

Thanx for the link I’m watching it now will do later tonite. Let you know if it fixed it

2 Likes

@Sbrowne126 , uninstalled , reinstalled helped quite a bit. Now here’s something I noticed, this entails 2 subjects I’ve seen here. I also have crew, if I can’t find something on seren that’s my go to, and crew will have it and seren won’t. Latest stuff. Also noticed last nite I cleared cache , then cleared kodi cache on the Firestick. 90 mb. So today I turn on and dang 90 mb back and I haven’t even watched. Ideas??

1 Like

@T83
Yes, this is common. I two have both installed and what one can’t find, the other usually can.
Most of the Amazon programs will immediately backfill right after you clear cache and not much you can do, except to disable them. On the @TROYPOINT RAI, you can download the DeBloater tool and disable some of the apps running in the background, which will help some too. Also what helps is to force stop and clear cache daily.
So for the Firestick that’s about what you can do to keep it running efficiently.
Now some have expanded the memory capacity of the Firestick which also helps, so if that’s something you are interested in trying, search is your friend here on the forum.
Just keep in mind, as long as you have about 20-30 gigs of download speed you should be able to stream in 1080p without much problem.

3 Likes

Yes,everytime i’m done i clear cache on add on and the stick and force stop. Got about 70 mbps with ip on… Thanx for your inputs.

2 Likes