Same Content on 2 Fire Tv's

I have two 2nd Gen Fire Tv’s, one I have been using since I got them. The other one I just unboxed yesterday. Is there a way to duplicate what I have on one fire tv to the other fire tv, without having to re-install everything?

Very Interested in this topic also. Anyone?

1 Like

The best process I have found for this in the past is to use ES File Explorer. On the left, I would go under Library / APP. Hover over the apps that you want to install on your new device. Press the OK button for a few seconds and then check all of the apps that you want. Click the “Backup” button on the bottom. After that, go up to Local/Home on the left side then click backups and then apps. You will see everything you have backed up into this folder. Again, check the ones you want and then transfer them over to hard drive or you can upload them to various storage lockers through the Network/Cloud Drive option on the left side. I can do a video on this if that will help everyone.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks, sounds pretty straight forward to me. I will give it a try.

1 Like

What about the settings, will I have to do those manually or is there a process for that too.

@reildup Unfortunately, you can’t bring the settings over except for Kodi. You could do a Kodi backup via whatever wizard that you have installed and then restore that through Kodi. If the other APKs provide an export option for settings, you could also use that.

2 Likes

I’ve purchased multiple Amazon streaming devices since cutting the cord two years ago. Early on, I experimented with ways to clone devices. But with the emergence of Troy’s rapid app installer, I now configure new devices by immediately loading Troy’s application, then quickly install the apps I like to use. I do use a few other apps not available per the rapid application installer, e.g. Stremio. I keep the URLs of these apps in my smartphone for quick reference. I download these APKs using Downloader and install them. This all happens pretty quickly. It’s all about getting APKs onto your new device, right? I find it less labor intensive to follow these steps. Kodi slows me down a bit due to having to reinstall the addons I prefer using. Excluding Kodi, I recently loaded my new firestick with all my favorite APKs, installed and configured them, in less than 1 hour. The rapid app installer is the key component to this process…thank you Troy!

5 Likes

Thanks @TROYPOINT Now I know how to do backups with ES Dile Explorer. Important after resetting device to default values where everything gets erased. Easy to get ES File Explorer on new, clean setup. No tutorial needed for me but others may want one with step-by-step instructions.

Great procedure @r_higginbotham If I understand @TROYPOINT correctly, it seems to me you can use the ES File Explorer to back up everything and restore everything, including standalone APKs If I’m right, cuts your hour down to less than a half hour. I haven’t tried it yet but I will. I was looking for a way to shave the hour down to minutes. I will let you know how it works out and you do the same.

1 Like

No doubt, the ES Explorer approach is the better option. I look forward to trying it out next time I load/reload a device.

1 Like

Troy, I am not sure a video is necessary but a step by step listing (with your screen shots) would help…I’ve tried doing this previously and had no success…I think storing to a hard drive or cloud is confusing to us non experts…

tks gregg

2 Likes

I agree, we need Troy to do a short video on this.Awesome%20Skippy

Hello Everyone, I still suggest just using the Rapid App Installer to install all of the apps very quickly. It will take less time than messing with ES File Explorer. The problem is that you can’t transfer over settings anyway so you will still need to configure your apps.

2 Likes

I agree with Troy…his rapid app installer is the fastest way to set up a new firestick…I tried the route of copying one firestick to another but that approach for me took a lot longer than simply going the rapid app installer route

2 Likes

Using the Rapid App Installer is the easiest and fastest way. No need messing around with cloning and copying. Takes a lot longer that way. Troy made life eaasy for all of us.

1 Like