Registering with Stremio

I installed Stremio using Troy’s guide ages ago and logged in as a guest user. I have seen that you cannot add titles to ‘My Library’ without being registered. Is there anyone out there who has registered with Stremio who can tell me whether there are any other advantages and perhaps any disadvantages. Thanks

1 Like

The advantages are many. The top one, in my opinion, is that once registered you could travel anywhere in the world and if someone has a streaming device you can install Stremio on it and login and your entire configuration is loaded, including your library and addons, without having to do anything. You can integrate Real-Debrid and Orion. The list goes on

2 Likes

Thanks Miki - I have RD integrated already - I will now go ahead and register with Stremio

1 Like

One other important difference between Stremio and kodi is the fact that with Stremio none of the addons are actually loaded onto your device but are loaded into your account on their servers. This way, should any addon contain malicious code it cannot affect your device. A nice security/safety feature.

1 Like

Don’t use this without a vpn. Just a friendly reminder.

1 Like

I always use a VpN but welcome your reminder. You can never be too careful. Thanks

1 Like

I just have to jump in here and add my 2 cent’s and say I just love stremio since I got it running properly thanks all involved

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.