Recording in Tivimate with Surfshark VPN

I switched from IPVanish to Surfshark the other day, I like the app but now I can’t record within Tivimate to my laptop (whole home dvr setup) on Fire Cube or stick. It will bring up the path 198.144 etc but when I click on it it doesn’t show the folder. I log back into IPVanish and there it is. What am I missing.
Thanks, Steve

1 Like

Looks like button pushing has paid off. You cannot route via VPN in Bypass, you have to set up apps to Bypass the VPN (like in IPVanish) such as Amazon and route everything else through the VPN.

Hope this helps someone else.

1 Like

I cannot record with it on.

How do you have Surfshark setup? In my case I could not route via VPN I had to set the apps I wanted to Bypass the VPN. I really don’t know what the difference is, but I tried several different setups before It worked.

1 Like

…i’m still trying to figure out what a vpn has to do with recording :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

With IPVanish it was easier, you just had to enable the Local Area Network (LAN) setting so it would find the folder on the laptop. (whole house DVR setup) There is no LAN setting in Surfshark for Fire Stick, and for some reason routing apps via VPN doesn’t allow the LAN connection but using the Bypass for apps like Amazon and leaving everything else worked for me.

1 Like

strange. I have surfshark and it never has come in to play with my lan setup. I transfer everything around on lan, dvr files etc and never a vpn issue. However my vpn is on the router and maybe thats it? dunno. Using xplore on my devices I enable the lan server on each device and configure.

1 Like

Exactly what I did your response helped thank you

When VPN was connected it would start the recording and stop in a few seconds. Turn the VPN off no issues with recording.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.