Real Debrid on Kodi (The Crew)

Hello all, so I’ve recently downloaded Kodi and installed successfully. I then purchased a Real Debrid account for 180 days and have an active account. However, after following instructions and linking RD to Kodi (The Crew), I can’t seem to get it to work. When streaming TV shows, it works fine. When trying to stream movies, it tries to download said movie and then just kicks me out to the main Firestick homepage… please help

1 Like

Try different sources, it shouldn’t try to download the movie (obviously). Maybe go down the list a little ways. It does look like premium sources that are populating, right?

1 Like

Go back into your URL settings where you authorized RD and turn on “Cached Torrents Only”. Then you get a list of RD links that are already on a server and do not to be downloaded.

1 Like

So I tried the option of selecting “cached torrents only” and this did help narrow down the viewing options that display on screen to only RD ones. However, it still keeps kicking me out of any time I select a RD stream and sends me straight to the Firestick homepage. Completely closes out Kodi

1 Like

Have you tried this on any other device?

1 Like

I know this may be out in left field, and coming from someone who doesn’t use Kodi, but I’ve been reading up on your problem and found several ppl who had your same issue and one of them tracked it down to URL Resolver being out of date. So just a stab in the dark but try updating your URL Resolver.

I ditched Crew for movies and tv some time ago because of the glitches that happen constantly. Go to “install from repository” and in the crew repository, install “Homelander”. Install RD on Homelander and check it out. As a back up movie and tv addon, which I rarely have to use, I have Warehouse repository downloaded and the addon Promise, installed. I Get all the movies and TV I can handle with these addons.

Get fen addon its nice and fast.

My suggestion, is to try re-authorizing Real Debrid, even if you just authorized it.

For whatever reason, every now & then that solves similar issues.

1 Like

Sorry for the late responses… hopefully I can still get some help. So I’ve tried all methods mention and still no luck. I cannot download Fen Addon, says something about no service available or something along those lines… I downloaded and tried The Promise Addon from Warehouse and it also does the same thing as when I had the Crew… it automatically closes Kodi down and takes me to the homepage of the Firestick whenever selecting a movie to watch. I’m super frustrated as I believed paying for RD was supposed to make things easier and overall a better experience but seems to be the complete opposite for me and just a headache that I can’t watch anything on. All links show RD on them and when re-authorizing account on RD and Kodi, it shows the successful message on upper right corner. Please help

Real debrid is really good that is not the problem.
There is something else wrong.
What firestick do you have?
Try seeing if there is a software update for the firestick.
What version kodi ya using?
Clear cache or even clear data and start from scratch.
Try the latest kodi 20.1
It could be a number of things, i was constantly getting kicked out of kodi 20 on my firestick.

2 Likes

Just ordered the Firestick about a month ago or so. It’s a lite version but also having similar issues on a second Firestick that I use in the living room. I’ve tried deleting cache, data, uninstalling and re-installing from scratch. Constantly run into the same issue. I’ve tried 20.1 on Kodi and read somewhere that it might cause lite versions to crash due to too so I’ve tried versions 19 and still same issues

The firestick lite has only got 1gb ram, its gonna struggle to work with kodi as recommended ram for kodi is 2gb on android.

You could try a lighter app like stremio, or maybe time for a more powerful device?

To me, I picture the “Lite” Firestick for a person that streams like 1 app…Discovery+ for example, and really nothing else. The Max is only $10 more right now than a “Lite”. If you want Kodi, would recommend considering the Max, at the very least.

2 Likes

I’ve been using RD for a few years and some add ons like the Crew never worked properly, been using Fen and Shadow with no issues till about a month ago, click on a link and after a few minutes it would kick out and you had to start all over again. I remembered a Troypoint advice if you had issues with RD, basically you have to force stop Kody or the app you are using, then go to the addon or app setting and cancel your RD account, make sure that your VPN is off, that is usually the problem. Reauthorize real RD and reconnect to the VPN, it should work OK, it did for me anyway. Good luck

2 Likes

That works yes, but the crew does work without issues.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.