Rapid app installer error reporting topic

Going foward i would really like to see rapid app installer errors be reported here. If an app is not installing report here please. That way if everything is in one topic i can test everything. If everything works on my end the rai is in working order. I will only escalate to admin if something is truly not working. This topic helps keeps it in one spot to see info and conversations on whats been done or tested. This will really cut down on communication and delayed response. This is just to keep rai related issues into one so i can delegate properly with any error claims.

Please also use this format:

App:
Device used:
Vpn on/off:
Error shown or issue:

I will respond after i test to see if its working and report it to admin only after testing. Please be paitent with me. I think this will help with further reports or testing and help alleviate random topics that are rai related. Please follow all posted guides or topics and also use the search before posting.

14 Likes

Is there an issue with kodi 18.9 fork from RAI ? I have tried multiple times to download and cannot get a successful download. I have downloaded it before without issues but cannot do so now. Device was firestick 4k and android tablet, surfshark vpn off, no error shown.

3 Likes

@Cill

Welcome to our community! All kodi forks are downloading. What happens when you try?

Edit: the 18.9 fork wont download on my phone but im going to test more on my pc and devices when im home. Keep you posted.

1 Like

Nothing. Continuing to shut down without download. Thanks for testing. Tried multiple times over several days.

1 Like

So just stuck at downloading?

Yes That’s correct. It at times has said “taking too long” and then shuts down. All connections to internet are good here.

Okay, i will test when im home. Keep you posted on this and let you know. Cant get it to go on my phone but i have to test on 2 other devices first.

Thanks for the report.

1 Like

Okay thanks. I will try again in a little while and see if anything has changed today…just tried it on an android tablet. Still same issue, will not download.

1 Like

Hello @Cill the Kodi Fork has been updated and is working again. Please try again and it should download. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you troy. Works well for me. 18.9 has been updated.

1 Like

Thanks. Works great! Much appreciated.

3 Likes

I’m getting this pop up every time I try to download the installer. Is the url still troypoint.com/tpapp. I have tried inserting http:// and https:// and get the same error. This is happening on several different devices.

In the downloader on the left side under home you will see browser, select that and put in the troypoint.com/tpapp in that field while i look into this. Pretty sure it was working and fixed.

1 Like

Ah, OK. That did work. I’ve always entered the url from the Home tab. Good to know the alternative method. Thanks!

I only recommend that if the home field isnt working. When i have the firetv free i will test before i bring it up.

Edit: works fine

I love the rapid app installer but every time I want to download Xfinity it says it cannot be paired? I did it on one / Firestick and it worked well but I cannot do it anymore I wonder if there was a problem, I enjoy you so much you are the best

Trying to install Troypoint app on my Firestick.
Get this error message: Sync of app installer links still running or failed. Please try again in a moment.
I’ve tried for hours, that’s a lot of moments. What’s the solution? There’s no mention of this in the video.

Hello @scgolfer try rebooting the device and try again.

1 Like

That suggestion, reboot device, did not work. Same error

Original problem
Trying to install Troypoint app on my Firestick.
Get this error message: Sync of app installer links still running or failed. Please try again in a moment.
I’ve tried for hours, that’s a lot of moments. What’s the solution? There’s no mention of this in the video.