Quick access menu

The Quick Access Menu quit showing when I hold the Home button for a few seconds. It was working but now nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

What device and what update version? On my fully updated 4K Max (7.2.7.9) It still works. Use to be almost immediately but now it took 3-5 seconds to open it.

Fire Stick 4k. Software version 6.2.8.9. (NS6289)/3905. Software is up to date.

Ok. This happens on occasion with older 4Ks. I found unplugging it from both the tv and power, wait for a minute or so then plug it all back in and boot up. Then try again. That seems to clear the state. “my apps” disappears on my 4K Max occasionally and I have to do the power cycle to clear the state and have it display “my apps” again.

Still not working. It was working fine but just quit. Maybe a software update glitch. I thought about doing a factory reset but I really don’t want to do that.

Well it’s only a minor inconvenience really. I never use that interface. I always go to settings>apps. There is an app you can install from Techdoctoruk that gives you the same thing. Don’t temember what it’s called though. I’ll see if I can find it.

Ok thanks. Yeah not really that big of deal. I appreciate your help.

Now I can’t find the darn thing. You might know.

That’s ok, don’t worry about it. Thanks anyway.

2 Likes