Perhaps I wasn’t clear in my question

Sorry to start a new topic but my last one closed.

I guess I didn’t explain my question very clear.

I understand that tv Smarters is just a app and I understand iptv providers in some cases provide a username and passwords and for the free ones such as in Troy’s video there is neither.

The problem is on a iOS device Smarters does not have a option to add a source with no username or password. The ones in the video from Troy has a setup option that does not require a username or password which I can do on my fire stick fine. When I try to add the free iptv source on my iPhone the only option to add a source has to have a username and password which the one Troy uses as a example as well as the free ones I have found also do not require a username or password which makes it impossible for me to add the source as there is no username or password required or provided.

I tried leaving the fields blank but it will not add the source with the fields blank.

Again this is on the iOS version on my iPad and iPhone. On the fire stick version there is a option for adding a source with no username or password.

So…. how can I add a source on the iOS version when the providers do not have or require a username or password but the app has to have them?

Thanks again!

1 Like

sorry I can’t help I only use tivimate anymore.

1 Like

So it soundz like your sayin the IOS vers. doesnt hv a place for m3u playlists? (thats where u dont hv a user/pass)
Don’t kno why that wld be…

A lot of us are droidian, so hopefully an i-person can help u out

I too am a Tivimater

gl…

1 Like

I am not an ios guy but it sounds as if the app for ios has been modded to not allow a paid service and only free links. imho

1 Like

Yes.That’s exactly what I’m trying to explain.

Much simpler than my long winded description.

I also use Tivimate on my fire cube !

Love it but I’m having a issue with the epg on it right now. I wish they had a version for iOS.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Sorry I forgot to mention… the app is the exact opposite.

It won’t allow a free provider, only one with a username and password.

1 Like

YW… Can u download from apkpure on ios?
Its got tivimate, thats how i got it on my note9

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been very busy and missed this. Enjoy.

@DACH

Hi you mentioned tv Smarters, do you mean IPTV Smarters or Smarters IPTV. In both ways first you have to Clear data from apps settings, yes clear data and not the cache then try again.

IPTV Smarters you can use two different ways by entering username and password en m3u URL. Those are for paying service.
Also by entering the m3u URL, and EPG url with username and password inside them.

But if you’re using free IPTV m3u URL just enter the link and you can give it any name.

Otherwise here below are few alternative links about how to setup IPTV Smarters on iOS

I think this is copycat manual originated from TP manual with some extra touch.
[How to Install IPTV Smarters]
(https://iptv.smarters.pro/how-to-install-iptv-smarters-on-firestick-android-and-ios/)

[Here Also another one]
(https://smartersiptvapp.com/)

Note: For iOS : This link mantioned about payment. You have to download the Application from the apple store and buy premium from in-app purchase
For Smart TV : It’s free IPTV Player for end-users
(https://www.iptvsmarters.com/)

It seems that there is no option or way to add free providers that don’t use a username and password in the iOS version.

Bummer!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions though!

IPSmarters is a royal pain. I installed it again just to refresh my memory regarding how to load the m3u’s, and in fact loading one and giving it a name makes it a “user”. So I added one, gave it a name, and it worked. Then I logged out of that, switched user, and loaded a second m3u, named it and that also worked. I remember why I never used it. May work well with paid IPTV that integrate the app into their app, but as a stand alone it sucks. It’s why I switched to TiViMate Premium. I have 10 free playlists and 22 free EPGs and can do a ton of configuration with it.

1 Like

@DACH

Hi, you don’t have to enter password for free m3u URL. This is a standard screen form, it gives you the ability to choose between free or paid service , just enter any name and the free m3u URL then click ok or next this will create new user for you.

First you have to clean the app data and not the cache to start fresh, so when you open IPTV Smarters you can add new user then follow the steps above.

That will not work on the iOS version.

It requires a username and password to continue.

I sent a bug report to their support. Hopefully they will fix it and remove the verification for username and password so you can continue with the configuration.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.