Password Managers

What’s the best password manager out there these days? I use multiple different web pages with different logins each day for work. For some reason my company has group policies set on Edge that clears absolutely everything when you close the program. So I have to use Chrome, Firefox, etc. Some of the logins have 3 text boxes. For example; company ID, username, password.

1 Like

I have used Dashlane for several years, which has worked great for me.

6 Likes

The best imho is bitwarden. I switched to it from lastpass a few years ago. I liked the free version so much I wanted to help the developers and pay $10/year. It is free tho and payment not required.

Bitwarden Open Source Password Manager | Bitwarden

6 Likes

Used Roboform & LastPass for years but finally settled on Bitwarden a year or two ago & like it a lot.

2 Likes

I like Lastpass. They like most other managers have started charging if you you use it on a mobile device and pc. I have the family plan and is well worth the price as it is very robust.

2 Likes

I have been using KeePass XC

I had Lastpass from the beginning and dumped it for Bitwarden. I have never looked back. Just watch the “How to videos” on YouTube.

I only need it on one PC and it has to be free. Does Bitwarden work for logins with more than two text fields like I mentioned above? Username, company ID number, password?

1 Like

Think it depends how much you are using it. I find the free ones tend to be not so good. Funny enough this stuff used to be free now they want a service. Google has a free one but its google.

Bitwarden is good. Nordvpn has one. Sorry i cant help you, i have started using a nfc encryption key for some of my logins.

1 Like

Never used a password manager before a stupid question because I know you and others use it but are they secure if they get hacked they have all your passwords? Kinda Leary to trust them in these days and times I must have 100 or more passwords written down pain to keep track of them all :v::grin::thinking:

A good password is very long with lotsa Aa!*%$87: stuff in it and never one password for multiple accounts. Bitwarden will generate the passwords and now will even generate user names because yes now user names is a thang :grimacing:… all you need to remember is one strong password to get to all the others and they are encrypted and bitwarden has no access to them either. They only provide the platform and/or storage. To get even more complicated to acess my account its locked with an encrypted yubico thumb scanner… so the levels are there its how far do you want to go…lotta crooks out there :face_with_monocle:

I hear ya I will have to look at it tomorrow or later tonight I will be up all night babysitting a 35lb brisket and a 15 lb pork butt for the BBQ tomorrow yum yum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I’m just worried about them getting hacked or something and getting everything no one is unhackable anymore

I’ve checked out Bitwarden and Dashlane and so far I like Dashlane better for the auto fill. It also has a password generator and the same level of security. I know it only stores 50 passwords with a free account, but that’s fine since I’m only using it for my work accounts.

1 Like

It’s encrypted. Go to their websites and they tell you how it works.

1 Like

no prob, bitwarden autofills also fyi. dashlane is good as well as lastpass. Ive used pretty much all of them at one time or another. Choose whats right for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the info I will definitely check it out thank you both

1 Like

I just use Firefox sync, encrypts everything across multiple devices that use Firefox browser :slight_smile: