Onn Android box on sale get it quick 14.00 dollars free shipping

Its real simple here… We all have different likes and dislikes and we all try an offer an honest opinion and thats all it is our opinion. Ive tried a bunch of boxes and like most of them and a few not so much and I will speak what I think. Example is Miki and the KM2. Ive picked on him in a fun way because he hated it…at 1st and now hes trying it out. We all like one type or another, thats normal. I am more of an android stock guy. I like rooted boxes but I have many android tv boxes. They are all great…this is a fun hobby that we share. Lets keep it that way. :+1:

5 Likes

Good points @TXRon. Of all the goods and bads of the myriad of boxes out there, the most unforgivable fault is when the developers keep consumers from customizing the system the way we want it. I originally started cord cutting with Amazon FireTVs on all setups, and now only have one left (because of the wifi6 in the Max). If I couldnt use Launch on Boot to fire up Wolf Launcher on it, the stick would be in the trash.

2 Likes

So this isnt on sale any more? Thanks for the info. Glad everyone enjoys there onn.

I think both the ONN (no longer on sale Dracoo) and the KM2 are ok boxs, for me it isn’t the hardware it’s the Android TV OS that has to many shortcomings. I’m lucky the Fire TV OS exists or most likely I wouldn’t even be cord cutting. Shame a high end spec machine like the Nvidia Shield doesn’t have Fire TV. Then I’d be in heaven.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what is it about the Fire OS that is so appealing to you over the Android TV?

Firetv is the same thing of android tv os. Literally the same thing but with slightly different user interface. Its coded from android so firetv is technically android. Its like mac os built from Linux.

3 Likes

I think it just comes down to what you are used to working with. There was a time I prefered fire stuff but I grew tired of the ads and forcing stuff on you.

3 Likes

Wish that were true. Maybe stock android but certainly not Android TV. It would take several pages for me to write everything that imho is better. But thanks for the opportunity. Going to simply say, Android TV isn’t my cup of tea, but I like Fire TV. Not looking for a run on discussion.

1 Like

Oddly I found the KM2 almost identical, with ads, suggestions and things like google play movies. Can’t delete them, but at least on the Android TV you can disable it.

2 Likes

It is true. Its coded from android. I wont argue with you. Firetv when it frist came oit was drived from google and android. Its now its own thing but its android.

Its fine that you dislike android tv but Amazon uses android…

Dont really need to write pages of what you dislike, that doesnt make what i said not true.

1 Like

I didn’t say it wasn’t “based” on Android Dracoo. It’s based on Android. As you can see, this is why I don’t want to get into a discussion with you as it’ll just turn into an arguement. But thank you for your opinion as well.

1 Like

Go read what you typed. Then come back.

** Maybe stock android but certainly not Android TV.**

Android stock is mobile os, android tv os is what fire tv is based on. No you are right you wont get into an argument with me becuase i won’t put up with it. I dislike fighting with anyone, or arguing with anyone. If im wrong i will admit so.

Point is firetv is android tv. Its literally the same concept. It was coded from android. Mac os wouldnt be mac without Linux this is essentially the same idea. This is a silly thing to argue about and i respect you mikki and value all the help and time you put into this site, you have my respect and appreciation so dont think I’m upset or singling you out here.

1 Like

Ok Dracoo you are right Fire TV is a fork of Android. But like a Kodi fork, “builds” operate much differently one from the other. So yes Android TV is a fork of Android, but what I was getting at is that Fire TV is not based off Android TV but yes " Android". Now I would like to make something quite clear, I never was “arguing” with you, it was a discussion, so the threat was uncalled for. So if I wasn’t entirely correct in my terminology I apologize to you and the others reading this. I’ll leave it at this apology. Have a good night.

It wasent a threat. I would never threaten anyone on here.

Kodi is a media center interface, builds are coded to use kodi, but are different than others but its still python.

Firetv is done and used differently i realize that. My point was it was coded from android tv. Its now its own thing with its own interface and intergration to devices. All good bud, not an argument, just probably a misunderstanding. Btw its okay you dont like android tv. What firetv does appeals to alot of people. I agree with that. In my experience android tv is simple to use and works amazingly well. Formuler z10 pro is a good example along with nvidia. Dont have to apologize, you are aloud to speak freely. I just ment i wasent going to allow a argument based on a fact. Probably should have been worded better. I was rushing out my point.

1 Like

I understand your point, and apologize for incorrect terms. Like you I’m glad we all have something we can use and enjoy. Have a good night Dracoo.

1 Like