ONN 4K acts like no internet

I got the new ONN 4K box, and did all the Troypoint tweaks and sideloads. Everything worked great for several days. Then last night no streaming works. I know the internet is up because my FireTV works and IPVANISH loads up on the ONN box. What is the problem and fixes?

What are the speed test numbers?

OK. I read another post that said the ONN box doesn’t work well off Ethernet. So, I disconnected Ethernet and use just WI-FI and everything works. Weird!!

1 Like

What’s really weird is that it worked fine with Ethernet for several days before the problem cropped up.

This is what I did to the two that I set up. Turn off wifi. Get into “developer options” and scroll down to “select USB configuration” switch it from “charging” to “RNDS (USB Ethernet)” go back scroll down and hit “restart”. When it powered back on with my OTG dongle connected with my USB 3 splitter with Ethernet I now I had an Ethernet connection and my USB keyboard also worked consistently. There are a couple different USB settings you can play with just remember the changes you make in case you need to change them back. I did another restart powered it back up, it switched itself back to “charging” in developer options but my USB dongles are working just fine and with Ethernet. I tried several including a ugreen. I’ve had it working now since they came out with no issues, Ethernet is consistent. You can also set it to “MTP (media transfer protocol)” under the same developer option setting under “select USB configuration”. Later

1 Like

I gave up. Buffering on my IPTV using wifi was too much. It works better on my Firestick 4K. So, I’m returning the box.

1 Like

If it’s WIFI the problem is on your end or your IPTV provider’s. NOT the Box. The Box is terrific. I’m on WIFI and speeds are lightening fast on my end

1 Like